Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

etrac shutting down on its own

ron948

i left the nox at home today and took the etrac out. Everything went well for the first hour then it started to shut itself down and restart on it's own. This lasted a little while then cleared up and worked fine again. Anybody have this problem

On an old garrett I had that happen-- the battery pack had a bit of corrosion on a terminal. Easy fix, and hopefully that is your problem.

I had that problem. I would be swinging in a totally open, grass yard and it would just shut down. I'd start it back up and swing for a while, then it would do it again. There was nothing to bum into to jar the machine, so it wasnt from impacting something. Coulda swore I had charged my RNB battery, so I went home and charged it up and took a AA battery pack with me as back up. Same thing; it would shut down after swinging for a bit so I switched battery packs and same thing happened. Sent it to Kellyco when they did Minelab repairs, and they couldnt find anything. Happened again to me and I sent it back in and this time they replaced the motherboard. Havent had the problem since.
My friend in Seattle is having the same problem right now. He's sent his in twice to the repair center in Alum Bank, PA and they have not figured it out yet, but I'm guessing it will be the same problem. He talked to the tech and all they did the first time was turn the machine on in the morning and set it in a corner and check it later in the afternoon to see it was still turned on! lol Not very conducive to replicating the problem when you're not swinging the coil like you would with actual usage.

Yes! Mine did that and I found it to be the battery pack and the contacts it made to the unit itself.....it would do that to me on occasion . It would power off during middle of use.