Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac Squawking due to Pin Pointer?

kammerer1

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. Start detecting with my Etrac, turn on my pin pointer, and the Etrac starts squawking. Re run noise cancel with pin pointer on, new channel is selected, and the squawking seems to stop. Is this a real thing or just my imagination? Still fairly new to learning the machine, wondering if this is a common occurrence, maybe its just a duh moment. Be curious if anyone else has noticed this.

Thanks!

RK

What I have done before I got an x1 probe was sometimes when you lay the machine on the ground there is metal in the ground near the coil. I never noticed my pinpointer and machine crosstalking. Pinpointers dont put out much of a signal. Your machine will definitely pick up your pinpointer if its too near the coil.

What pinpointer do you have? I have the Pro Find 25 and have NO interference issues with it and my E-Trac...

I use the pro finder 25 as well. I'm thinking it may have been the channel I was using. Thanks for the feedback.

I have a Garrett pin pointer pro and I have no issues with my etrac as to noise !!
Maybe your sens is a bit too high? Or it's to close ?
Keep us posted
HH
John

This is a major annoyance when digging... the dam detector squawking while its laying on the ground.

Maybe this Winter, i'm gonna design a headphone jack adaptor that will mute the headphone audio when the detector is laid flat horizontally on the ground using a position sensor which would include a bypass on/off switch.
Surprised something like this isn't already on the market or designed-in with some of the high end detectors.
This feature is on my list for the futuristic eTRAC-II if Minelab is listening which i doubt. They apparently got all their eggs in that CTX basket.

Right now i sometimes turn off the Rapoo headphone on/off switch during a prolonged dig which is a PITA finding that small switch with gloves on.
Or sometimes i just take the headphones off.
Or sometimes put the detector in AUTO sensitivity if a tight pattern is used which usually calms it down.
Or sometimes i just take the audio torture and hopefully burn off some bad Karma!

I'd almost bet it isn't your pinpointer, but more likely you have the coil over some trash in the ground. What sensitivity are you running? Can you lay your detector down and not turn on the pinpointer and not hear the "squawking" UNTIL you turn on the pinpointer???

Exactly. The chatter doesn't start until I turn on and use the pin pointer. I think it was the noise channel it was set to.