Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac used prices

mrcolin2u

There's a slightly used Etrac for $750 with an extra coil . Can anyone help me decide if this is a good price? I've never owned a programmable metal detector or took much interest in them but thought I might give it a go . I don't use a windows computer so the set up would all be from the unit itself.
Cheers
Colin

I have never felt the need to plug the etrac into a computer nor have I ever used the emulator so the computer aspect of an etrac purchase is really a non-factor, IMO.
I would be more concerned about the veracity of the seller as to the condition of the machine and , if you feel comfortable with the seller , I would say that's a good price for one with "little use" , especially if it has a RNB or at least a good factory rechargeable battery. Programming an etrac is extremely simple doing it manually , for me , interfacing with a computer is much more of a chore.:thumbdown:

Agreed across the board,and the "programming"(setting up discrimination) is really faster without the computer part for ME. I've become so accustomed to it with the Explorer2 that its second nature on the CTX to make whatever pattern I want manually. Knowing your way around the controls is important. Not difficult,but important.
The Minelabs are high performers,perhaps the highest where old deep coins are concerned,but they must be learned. And this takes TIME.

Sounds like a good price to me. My Etrac came second hand with only one coil. I paid $700 for mine. What two coils does yours come with?

Also---Find out how old it is & if there is any of the Minelab 3 year transferable warranty left on it.

5900_XL-1 said:
Sounds like a good price to me. My Etrac came second hand with only one coil. I paid $700 for mine. What two coils does yours come with?

Comes with extra NEL 12 X 13

sprchng said:
I have never felt the need to plug the etrac into a computer nor have I ever used the emulator so the computer aspect of an etrac purchase is really a non-factor, IMO.
I would be more concerned about the veracity of the seller as to the condition of the machine and , if you feel comfortable with the seller , I would say that's a good price for one with "little use" , especially if it has a RNB or at least a good factory rechargeable battery. Programming an etrac is extremely simple doing it manually , for me , interfacing with a computer is much more of a chore.:thumbdown:

I don't personally know the seller and I have heard of counterfeits that does concern me a little

Get the serial number and call Minelab to confirm both the warranty and the age. The seller should not balk at that.
If it all checks I would say an etrac with an extra coil and 27 months of warranty for 750 is a very good deal.
You can use it for a year and sell it for 850

That's a good price for a little used Etrac with an extra coil and--IF there is indeed 27 months warranty left on it.------You can ask the seller for the serial # on it and call Minelab to verify that it is legit and verify from them (Minelab) the actual remaining transferable warranty length at the same time.----If you purchase the detector--Minelab can assist you in the warranty transfer also.-----If the potential seller is a serious seller--he should have no problem giving you (as a serious buyer) the S/N on the detector so you can check on it/verify it.----------Del
mrcolin2u said:
D&P-OR said:
Also---Find out how old it is & if there is any of the Minelab 3 year transferable warranty left on it.

There's 27 months of warranty left

The older ones do not have a serial number like mine but was used very little when I purchased it always had a cover on mine also mine was made in Ireland not china like the new ones..

D&P-OR said:
That's a good price for a little used Etrac with an extra coil and--IF there is indeed 27 months warranty left on it.------You can ask the seller for the serial # on it and call Minelab to verify that it is legit and verify from them (Minelab) the actual remaining transferable warranty length at the same time.----If you purchase the detector--Minelab can assist you in the warranty transfer also.-----If the potential seller is a serious seller--he should have no problem giving you (as a serious buyer) the S/N on the detector so you can check on it/verify it.----------Del
mrcolin2u said:
D&P-OR said:

There's 27 months of warranty left

I got my Excal slightly used and successfully transferred the warranty with Minelab. Fortunatelty I never needed to send it in and it has paid for itself with many gold rings !!!

I have mine for sale, original owner. no warranty left but works fine. $600 shipped. Its listed here and on Friendly forum & have good feedback.
I also has a 15x12 SEF add $80
II don't use it since I got a CTX and is collecting dust. Its needs someone to use it.
Jon

lawsonland said:
I have mine for sale, original owner. no warranty left but works fine. $600 shipped. Its listed here and on Friendly forum & have good feedback.
II don't use it since I got a CTX and is collecting dust. Its needs someone to use it.
Jon

Where is friendly forum at...can't find it on here?

Ksdirt said:
lawsonland said:
Jon

Where is friendly forum at...can't find it on here?

It is against the rules of engagement here to mention that forum or others so you will have to google it. Since you have already mentioned the name I think you should change your residence and join the witness protection plan before one of the Guv's agents can find you.:)

Based on etrac prices over the last couple years, that is a GOOD price for a 'nearly new' etrac, still on warranty, with an expensive extra NEL coil.

It is always nice to have the stuff that came in the original box, (including the box) literature, headphones, cables, CD's, owners manual, etc. If you haven't already, check if the purchase includes these items.

Rich