Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac users......let's see the goods!!!!!

dreamweaver43

Lots of talk, but where's the coinage!!!!

Ferocity this, fluty sounds that, faster processor here, improved target density there..............OK, it all sounds good.

But I want to know that it can chew up the explorer line, and spit out silver coinage before I sell my SE. The real question is, "Can the Etrac in the hands of a competent user, out-hunt the explorer line best users?" I think you can make that comparison between the explorers and other brands of detectors. If that the case, OK, it's the real deal.

But....it runs with a different software package, does that make the machine more powerful? It has expanded target values but has coins run thru with the same ferrous number (sounds like VDI to me)? A faster processor, but processing the same data as the explorer lines (same coils?)?

The test will be if the Etrac can hit targets the explorer can't? Hunt in the trashy spots better than the explorer can. Bells and whistles are great, but coins coming to the surface is what counts. Some of the top explorer guys are still running the XS models!!!!

Lets see some pictures!! Run the machines against each other!!!!

Brad

"Can the Etrac in the hands of a competent user, out-hunt the explorer line best users?"

how is comparing a competent user to a highly skilled user a fair comparison between machines? If your that desperate to handicap your machine, try finding a guy with no arms to run the E-Trac, that should give your SE a shot. I can out hunt an incompetent SE user with a BH. That proves nothing.

If the machine (etrac) is technologically advanced, then it should allow average users to get above average results.

If you put a top of the line DFX guy vs an average explorer user in the same environment, the explorer user will have an advantage on positive ID of targets deeper than 6 inches and masked targets next to junk, because of the differences in technology between the two machines, namely broad band spectrum and DD coil configuration. DFX will not ID target correctly 8inches or greater, explorer will. Thus on target at 8 inches, the DFX user will struggle desite his advanced knowledge of the machine.

I.E.....will the Etrac be able to do the same to the explorer. IS IT TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED or is it a reconfigured explorer with more bells and whistles?

Brad

Lets not forget one thing, the E-Track is not a replacement for the explorer its a new additional model to minelabs list of machines, if you don't want a faster processor and a high res screen or a machine so balanced that you can swing it All day then save yourself some money and buy the Explorer SE its still a great machine. A lot of people are going to pick up bargain priced SE machines from Ebay take a look its started already.