Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac vs CTX comparison on sensitivity

etracjoe

I wanted to see if the CTX was worth my wild since getting the new machine. I am very happy with it thusfar! I went out to an old church today that burnt down around 1830 with a friend who is very proficient with his Etrac. We were both running in auto plus 3 and something told me to ask him what his was running at. He said 18 or 19......cant remember exactly but what I do remember is that mine was running at 28:surprised: That to me is a huge pat on the back for Minelab with the CTX. Now on further note....I pounded this site when I had my Etrac and only found a few coins and buttons. Out of the 6 times I've been there and about 8 hours spent each time I found 1 v nickel and a half penny for coins and 4-5 flat buttons. I spent less then an hour today and found 2 flat buttons and an indian head that my friend said was super iffy if at all something he would dig. I am totally sold on the CTX :thumbup: I'm now curious what you guys have been finding in comparison of these 2 machines? HH Joe

I actually hunted an old hunted out park this am with my buddy who has an etrac (at least till his CTX gets here lol.) We had very few coin signals but I had a soild nickel 12 12 5" could see several other targets around it. On the etrac it was iffy and jumpy settings were almost identical only difference I have the options the CTX offers. It was only a 1959 Jefferson but the point is the etrac was not smooth and the numbers jumpy. That impressed me cause I was looking at an etrac, when this came out cause he would smoke my se on old sites. I truly believe the CTX is it's own machine and Iam learning to truly trust what she tells, me cause so far iffy's are trash.

Sonny(IN) said:
Did you do any in ground comparisons with the e trac before digging any items? Just curious
Yes....that is what we were doing. Not every signal but most. Anything that sounded even iffy on the CTX. The indian was very iffy but the faster I swung the coil it locked on. He said it sounded like adjacent trash. After I dug it out I was getting nothing but grunts and nulls. This spot is littered with nails and solid hunks of iron. The indian was at 6"

I too went from an Etrac to the CTX. I hit an old park that I have hit numerous times with the Etrac. I know I had went over some of the exact locations I'd hit with the Etrac and in the first 45 minutes with my CTX I found a total of 5 cents. 3 indians (1890, 1904, and 1907) , 1 wheat (1909 vdb) and 1 memorial and some little pin for Punctuality. Not too bad, for the first time out with the CTX. I feel a lot of my new success is due to being able to change the tones on the CTX, and I think it might be a little quicker differentiating the targets under the coil.

Thanks for the responses.

Joe - It does seem like the CTX gets a bit more depth than the E-Trac. In my somewhat iron mineralized ground I am pretty certain (after today) that I am getting a good 1" better depth and maybe then some.

What I am finding is that I think a lot of the unmasking of the CTX is due to it's speed over the E-Trac. I'll upload some videos later and I was once again shocked. Next to my last spot I pulled in over 7 coins
from 8" to 9"!!! Not joking, it was like a new spot.

Albert

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1702679,1702716#msg-1702716

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1714189,1714217#msg-1714217