Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac warranty question

Ohio Digger

This is probably a dumb question but is the warranty on the Etrac trasferrable if you ever sell the machine? When I was going to register my warranty online on minelab.com it was asking me a purchase date. Can't you just wait til you have an issue then fill it out and put the purchase date as a few weeks ago? Or is it best to fill out immediately?

It is best to fill it out immediately, first off waiting for a problem ad sending in the warranty card at that time back dating it a couple of weeks would be extremely dishonest and a lie. That is why most companies require an invoice as proof of purchase. I am amazed at how many people have no ill thoughts about screwing a company on warranty registrations. Good luck to you and I hope people treat you the same way.
Shortcut

Lol thanks. Yeah because companies are nothing but honest. I'd hate to hurt Minelab's bottom line. I ended up registering it the night I posted this anyways. I wish I could be one that never bends the rules so I could judge others. But then again, I'm only human.

Actually the manufacture (Minelab) knows the exact date that the dealer sold the unit so you can put any date you want on a warranty card cause the warranty starts on the date of sale not the date the card was received. These days most warranties are handled online and the warranty card is used to gather info from the buyer so that they can send them offers on other products they sell.
A lot of people sell a detector with a "Blank warranty card" leading the buyer to believe they will get a full, warranty on a used machine by sending it in. These big companies did not become Big by letting the little guy pull one over on them.