Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac weight!

Yes to the harness route. But don't buy a $30. For etrac and ctx you should go with Minelab's Pro - swing 45. It is the best. Transfers the weight from the shoulder to the lower back. The bungie cord system that hooks (not snaps) to your detector is so good. One hand to hook, unhook or adjust height of detector above the ground.
I completely agree. I always use my Pro-Swing harness, even with my lightest detector, the Equinox 800, because it lessens the fatigue in my shoulder and elbow. It’s a must with my CTX-3030. I rarely use my E-Trac, but when I do, I use it with it as well.

Ha! Try swinging the ETrac with a NEL Big coil on! That thing is huge, and heavy! I used to be able to do 6-8 hours like that, switching hands when one got tired. After using the Equinox, just going back to the ETrac with any coil on seems heavy. The Pro_Swing harness helps, but brings its own nuisances with feeling awkward in situations and kinda being in the way. Going with a one cord, over the shoulder harness decreases that a smidge, but its not as comfortable as the Pro Swing. Pros and cons

I started having wrist problems. The problem was with the Pro-swing harness, or I should say my setting it up. put the Velcro hook below the hand grip. Thus the detector was tilted just a little bit and I guess my wrist was constantly applying a little pressure to keep it level. Wrong setup. I move the Velcro Hook on the shaft above the hand grip and problem solved. At my age, without the pro-swing harness, I was good for 30 min on the CTX3030. If they came out with a version of the CTX3030 with the light weight of the XP Deus, it would be a best seller in my opinion. Probably the best detector for finding deep silver in urban areas like Atlanta with lots of modern trash. Well that is my opinion after coming off 3 years trying to make the 800 do what I needed it to do. The 800 is not very good in an urban area with lots of modern trash. Beach, out in the country hunting relics, gold in the desert a way from modern trash, it is one of the very best detectors you can buy.