Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ETRAC wireless...bluetooth

sunraysux

so i am quite sure all this has been discussed 1000 times here before....my apologies up front for the redundancy
i did try to use the search function on this website to look for old threads on the topic, but to say the least, the search function is, ummmm...not so good

quite simply, the headphone cord is a pain in the butt ....we all know this
i have a great set of wireless bluetooth headphones i got with a new work laptop that i would love to make my Etrac headgear
i just don't know how!?!?
i know the CTX is wireless...and i want my Etrac that way as well
how does one modify the Etrac to make it bluetooth friendly...and those who have done it successfully, what equipment did you buy to accomplish the conversion??...
does it work well in terms of seamless clear timely communication of target ID and audio info??
is there a delay??
ANY and ALL help//responses would be most welcome!!!! THX in advance

All of the 2.4 ghz models seem to work well , Rapoo , Auvio , Garrett , and I'm sure there are others but I have used those three as well as the
Deteknix (which were problematic with cutting out and losing the signal frequently) but the problem is the bluetooth. Something about the signal processing creates a lag time most don't care for. There may be more refined models that have overcome the issues bluetooth seem to have with detecting since I think it's Nokta that uses it for their headsets but using one on an Etrac is going to involve some experimenting.

I've been using the Deteknix Wire-Free Light set up for about two months now and I absolutely love it. No more cord, no lag at all and the volume and sound quality is so much better than the DetectorPro Bushmasters I was using before.

The Auvio 33-283 wireless are 2.4gHz and are a awesome set up. I have several pairs if you are interested in a pair. I have used them on all my units including the E Trac

What do you use to strap the zlink transmitter onto the etrac. Rubber band included is too small.

i use velcro. 1 one the stand and 1 on the transmitter. this works great for me. just can't seem to find a good set of ear phones