Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac with 14" Detech Excelerator coil query...

Gaz

....have any of you guys there fitted one of the Detech Excelerator DD coils on your ETrac??

Maybe the 10" x 14" oval one or the round DD 14"...???

I just wondered if I would gain some extra depth over here in the UK on farm pasture over the stock 11" DD Minelab Pro coil.

Would I gain that much compared to the price??

Looking for people's experiences......

Gaz.

Gaz - I have personally seen the SEF 12x15 on an E-Trac get down to about 16" on a colonial buckle in a plowed farm site.
When I went over to check my friend's signal with the stock pro coil (that I was using at the time) I could not get any signal at all.
That sold me on the coil and I bought one straight away.
Weight is an issue - but the harness system you recommended should solve that problem for you.

I'm going to work on a straight shaft mod this winter specifically for when I want to use that larger coil. I'll keep the control unit/battery off the new shaft and keep it snug and dry in a backpack. Using a 6' extension cable I'll then only have the coil, cable, handle and arm cuff on the shaft. That may potentially reduce the weight by half...I'll post pictures when I've completed the construction.

Using the E-Trac this way is only good for those "dig everything that's not iron environments" - you know when you don't need to look at the target ID - for detecting in England or on USA beaches and clean plowed field sites...

.....thanks Baz....very interesting.

I was looking at the Excelerator coils....not the SEF's but it's still good feedback.

Cheers,

Gaz.