Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac With Mars Lion 7 DD Coil

Trashfinder

Purchased the Mars lion 7 inch DD coil for my Etrac. Have about 3.5 hours on it now and i am really liking this coil a lot. I took the Etrac to a couple spots that have been pounded for years and i did pretty good. I'm not in any way saying that the Lion is better than everything else out there. But if you are looking for a nice size coil that gets good depth and very nice separation, this one is pretty good. The silver quarter was at 7-8 inches near iron which was nulling out just a couple inches away. I had to work the warble hard to decide to dig but the tone was just so sweet ,, you Etrac users know what i am talking about. One of the Mercs was close to 7 inches and the other silvers were 4-6 range. One of the wheat pennies was around 8 plus and one as shallow as 2 inches, which surprised me. The ID numbers were really good with this coil. One thing I did was compare one of the nickel signals with my Nel sharpshooter and i can say the Lion was extremely solid and no jump at 12-12 where the sharpshooter did not ID quite as well. I was using a very tight nickel pattern and the sharpshooter was on the edge of my disc pattern at times. I ran the trashy park program , with my Fe line open down to 23. Deep on, fast off, neutral ground, high trash, not sure if i was in normal or pitch hold. My sweep speed was slow , like 3 to 3.5 secs per sweep.

I am sure some of these coins were just simply missed in the past, but some of them i know were missed due to nearby iron and probably others sweep speed. But just wanted to say this is a good coil for anybody that needs a smaller coil or has just thought about trying one out.

That's an excellent day by my standards. Congrats.

Rich -

Took the coil back out today and found some more goodies, but the most interesting thing was i found a heart pendant and a wheat penny that were on edge. I have found very few coins on edge with any of my detectors. The interesting thing about these two was that the audio was loud like an aluminum can or something and the ID was rock solid like an air test. The heart was solid at 12-46, the wheat was 12-47. Coins on edge are supposed to be difficult but these two on edge today were not jumpy or broken or anything you would expect from a target on edge.

Sounds nice. I might have try that one. My X-5 finally wore out and I need another smaller coil. They are priced well too. Do you know where they are made? Please keep us up to date with your experiences with it.
Thanks,
Greg

From what I’ve seen it looks like Mars is a Bulgarian/former Eastern block country/Russian manufacturer....if you go to their website the language starts in what looks like Russian,and then you can choose the language you know. I’m a firm believer that to get difficult coins,there are coils best suited to a site. A controlled and even sweep is just as important,especially with FBS, as this allows the tracking to work at its best while still finding those anomalous coins. Experience and perseverance,along with a healthy dose of talent, will make stuff appear,just as in the pics above....

Trashfinder said:
I could be wrong but i think in Germany maybe.

Thanks TF. I ended up finding their web site. Looks like they are in the Ukraine according to the flag on their web site. Thanks for the reply and hope you will continue posting updates on your experience with it if you can.
ATB,
Greg