Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etracwarranty and repairs

dfg4240

Just wondering back and forth about a used Etrac or Nox 800.
How reliable are the Etrac's and are they expensive to repair.
I like what I see about the 800 but I still think the Etrac is the king .
I want one or the other.
Thanks for any reply

The ET is reliable . It is repairable during and after warranty . If you have a Nox , after the warranty runs out it might mean buying another . I dont think they fix the innards on those .

I wont be selling my ET for a long time , the Nox was never meant as a replacement for the ET .

Thanks-there are quite a few Etrac's for sale if you look hard enough and prices all over the place.
I always wanted one but never bought one. Most of the time I am a buy and try person.
Just don't know what I want and I am sure there are a lot like me out there.
When you are in the lower end detectors you can buy and try for years but the upper end leaves only a few choices.
I have seen some videos about the Etrac that make me want to rush out and buy one right away.
Same with the Equinox. My only drawback is the weight of the Etrac.
I'm 78 but can still pick up a horse but only a small one not a big one like in my youth.
I had the Safari and a couple of the Xterra detectors and the weight never bothered me at all.
Anyway thanks for the info
Dfg4240

Dfg-----If you can pick up a small horse you will be fine with the Etrac!:biggrin:------I'll be 80 (in Feb.) and I own & use a Etrac all the time.----It's my favorite detector of MANY I've owned & one I'll never get rid of.-----I own the E800 also & feel those two detectors "compliment" each other very well.--------Del

If you can get an E-Trac with an X1 probe, you will be a fortunate soul. The 800 would be a good choice if you want something light and easy to use. Either way you will find good stuff assuming you find good places to detect.

Personally, I never found the Etrac heavy. I can imagine it could be with an X-1 hanging off it. I could see buying a package deal with an X-1 though. Those things are easy to sell for 250-300. It could really get the Etrac cost less, fast. Just a personal observation.

I just recently purchased the ETrac and have found the weight not to be a issue at all. I’m 63 and find that swinging the ET for hours is no problem. Excitement with the finds and reliability tends to make it easier as well!. Very pleased all around.

Kraemer said:
I just recently purchased the ETrac and have found the weight not to be a issue at all. I’m 63 and find that swinging the ET for hours is no problem. Excitement with the finds and reliability tends to make it easier as well!. Very pleased all around.

Very true! But at 67 years old, I find getting back up from the ground is getting harder than joining it :blink:

You can't go wrong with either one. The weight of the E-TRAC is a non-issue. Like Del said, the two machines compliment each other well.
Personally, the Nox is great in trash infested areas (ghost towns and such) due to its speed and the E-TRAC shines in the less trashy areas (yards,parks) where good TID is desired. There is something addicting about the E-TRAC ID combined with it's flutey high tones.

If you like to tinker with settings and design your own programs it's E-TRAC all the way. Nox is more of a turn on and go type of machine with a very easy learning curve.

Dean