Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eurotek Pro review

Mark in NC

Here's a review I did of the Eurotek Pro...

http://detectorstuff.com/teknetics-eurotek-pro-review/

Moderators, if links aren't allowed, please delete!

Mark

Nice write up Mark.

Which coil did you like the best?

Thanks, Smokey

For most of my sites, I like the 11" DD the best. The 10" elliptical was my 2nd favorite.

Now thats a really great write up! :clapping: Have to read it again a few times to absorb it! good job!!:clapping:
Mud

Good review Mark, thanks.

Very nice write up, Mark. :thumbup:

HH
Mike

Well I went ahead and ordered a new ETPro with the 11" coil.

I noticed while reading the owners manual online it boast that that it can detect a coin sized object up to 9.5 "

Anybody out there think its capable of reaching that depth?

smokey63, I tested an assortment of coins with the Euro-Tek Pro w/8" coil, 5" coil and 11" Biaxial coil. I used an Indian Head 1

Monte,

I did not say there was a "tester" with an 11" coil. I was refering to what was in the owners manual.

The ETPro owners manual states that:

"The Eurotek Pro Metal Detector will detect a coin-sized object to a distance of about 24 cm (9.5

smokey63 said:
Monte,

I did not say there was a "tester" with an 11" coil. I was refering to what was in the owners manual.

The ETPro owners manual states that:

"The Eurotek Pro Metal Detector will detect a coin-sized object to a distance of about 24 cm (9.5

My next question for everyone is, since the 5" and 11" coils did not perform well in Monte's test with the ETPro that come with the stock 8" coil.

Do the ETPro's need to be FACTORY retuned with optional coils for optimal performance?

Man, they should have put a manual GB on this thang!

smokey63 said:
My next question for everyone is, since the 5" and 11" coils did not perform well in Monte's test with the ETPro that come with the stock 8" coil.

Do the ETPro's need to be FACTORY retuned with optional coils for optimal performance?

As they say when there is a will there's a way..................................:surprised: You can look up this mod on the net if you wish.

One of the biggest 'problems' I have seen sine we first had Ground Balance burst on the scene about forty years ago has been a number of factors with how well individuals learned what it was/is and how to manually adjust a proper GB, and how the different Discrimination circuitry's worked with an All Metal mode Ground Balance, or with the GB function for the motion-based Discriminate modes.

But even more complexing is how the different design engineers have made their determinations for various makes and models. Some have a separate GB adjustments for the All Metal mode and Discriminate mode. Some models have an automated GB. Some have an internally set GB. Some blend these two in one model with a manual and/or automated GB for All Metal and a preset GB for the Discriminate mode. Some might use a ground tracking circuitry that functions continuously or just updates as needed [size=small](toggle or Ground Grab),[/size] and others have designed a pre-determined GB in the circuitry and there is no internal trimmer to tinker with.

In some designs there is a pronounced GB 'offset' between the two modes [size=small](All Metal and Discriminate)[/size] where the Disc. mode GB varies with the manual GB adjustment, but it is already off-set quite a bit positive from the manual setting used in the All Metal mode adjustment. And, it can get worse when we encounter a design where the variable Discriminate mode adjustment also changes the GB! That problem was more noticeable on some Tesoro models than other brands.

Ground Balance and Discrimination functions are all part of the different reasons I use the testing I do to evaluate different detectors for performance versatility, and I have done that for a long time.

smokey63 said:

My first question [size=small](I asked myself)[/size] was, HOW was the GB setting determined, as well as was this particular model 'calibrated' with the coil it was shipped with, or do they use a different method of calibration that might better handle an assortment of search coils? Do they calibrate each individual detector with the coil it is to be packaged with? I know many/most manufacturers used to, but in this wonderful 'digital' age, maybe they do things differently? They didn't appear to be using an auto-tracking circuit because I checked that, too, using a few varied ground mineral samples to see if it affected the Disc. mode's performance.

With most Tesoro models, where the Disc. mode's GB is tied in with the All Metal mode's GB adjustment, if they are preset internally, then they can tweak the GB trimmer to function okay with all the coils a person has. The trade-off, however, with a fixed GB model, is that it means some coil/detector combinations might be GB'ed close to spot-on, while other coils would have a more positive GB, and it's possible that could be too positive and the results would be like those I had.

The second thing I wondered was how many other people, who have a Euro-Tek Pro, have tried an assortment of search coils [size=small](or just the stock coil)[/size] and also used samples to include a big silver half or silver dollar? If anyone has, what were the results they got? [size=small](Anyone can e-mail me, if you don't want to post, as I am curious .... monte@stinkwaterwells.com)[/size]

smokey63 said:
Maybe, but I would bet most consumers still wouldn't know if the GB was tied only to the All Metal/Pinpoint mode, the Discriminate mode, or both. I checked all four search coils as best I could using a very mineralized rock with a Ground Phase of 84 to 91 on the G2. In the All Metal Pinpoint 'mode', I couldn't tell any noteworthy difference for a GB setting with the Euro-Tek Pro as they each displayed a very similar response from the rock.

I believe any internal GB trimmer in the Euro-Tek [size=small](and I am simply guessing based upon my sampling because I haven't opened the control housing)[/size] is only tied in with the Discriminate mode. If so, then I would also best guess that many users wouldn't be able to establish a 'proper' functional Ground Balance because the Discriminate mode is 'silent search.' If I were to tinker with it, then I would use all three search coils I have [size=small](5" DD, 8" and 11" DD)[/size], then use some intense bad-ground samples, and 'Power Balance' the Euro-Tek Pro in the Discriminate mode so that all three coils were functional.

If done right, and if the circuitry was totally functional, I would best guess that I would get a response from the Silver Dollar and half and other coins, and there's even a chance that those very high conductors might just happen to produce slightly lower and more accurate VDI numeric read-outs. Now, that's only a 'best guess' on my part, and only if there is an internal GB trimmer, and if it is functional with the Disc. mode's GB reference.

My Euro-Tek Pro works fine with the stock 8" coil and someone might enjoy it at the killer price I am selling it for. If nobody buys it then I might open it up and see if I can enhance the Disc. mode's performance with the 5" and 11" coils. Especially the 5" coil because I figure the Euro-Tek Pro's strength is in working in trashier sites and closer to metal structures. While the recovery rate isn't fast enough to handle my Nail Board Performance Test, the quickness of response is satisfying [size=small](as are all the Teknetics Greek series models)[/size] for a lot of moderate iron trash sites I would use it at.

Still, no perfect detector out there, but there are a fair number of detectors in the 'reasonably worthy performer' category.

Monte

Spoke to First Texas on Monday and the coils DO NOT have to be tuned to the ETPro's.