Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eurotek Pro review

Good info

Thanks

I'm guessing it did very well, but has anyone tried it? TIA

And you, or anyone with a Nail Board Performance Test 'kit' can do the exact same thing.

bugg said:
I'm guessing it did very well, but has anyone tried it? TIA
Bad guess.

Naturally it is going to depend upon the coil and settings used, as well as what the tester determines to be a Pass / Fail result, but for me, it Fails.

The NBPT came about as a method to demonstrate the type of results I want to have in a ghost town or homestead, or any site with a dense scattering of iron nails. Twenty years ago this Memorial Day Weekend is when I was working a Southern Utah ghost town, both to find good stuff, and to evaluate a couple of newer detector models at the time.

My detector settings were to use a Discriminate level that would just knock out Iron Nails .... completely. Maybe just an occasional 'tick' on several passes over the four nails, but basically to silence them out ... just barely ... like the Tesoro models were able to do. I found, on that trip, the White's Coinmaster Classic II a visitor had, with 8" stock coil, to also just reject the Iron Nails and still hit well on the Indian Head 1

Greatly appreciated!

Monte,

The sensitivity control is probably the most mis-used control on a metal detector. I would say you mis-used it on this test. In high trash environments, especially iron trash, a maxed out sensitivity level is a hindrance, not a help. You know this. Your nail board test is susposed to help one simulate one real world trash scenario you encountered. Instead of doing the test with the sensitivity maxed out just because the EMI environment let you, would you care to retry the test with the default sensitivity level of 7, or, where I mostly hunt with it set, at 6? More "real world" settings for one type of real world scenario?

I'm also curious if you used maxed out sensivitity settings for the VX2, MXT, G2, MX5, and IDX Pro on your nail board, or were they set with more real world sensitivity settings that YOU would actually hunt them with?

I like that many folks are comparing this new entry level unit to the higher end units. But I'm curious if anyone is comparing the ETPro to its true competitors. The real question about the EuroTek Pro is this, "Is the $200 dollars spent on the ETPro better than spending $200 dollars on the competitor's unit?"

HH
Mike

Mike Hillis said:
I like that many folks are comparing this new entry level unit to the higher end units. But I'm curious if anyone is comparing the ETPro to its true competitors. The real question about the EuroTek Pro is this, "Is the $200 dollars spent on the ETPro better than spending $200 dollars on the competitor's unit?"

HH
Mike

I see that you have a Compadre. How would you compare the Compadre to the Eurotek Pro?

Just want to thank you for the vids! I got a Eurotek Pro w/ 11"DD coil mid last year and I LOVE it!! So easy to use and really has a lot of bang for the bucks~
It searches thru the iron junk. Thanks!

appleart said:
Just want to thank you for the vids! I got a Eurotek Pro w/ 11"DD coil mid last year and I LOVE it!! So easy to use and really has a lot of bang for the bucks~
It searches thru the iron junk. Thanks!

The great videos are by another Mark...Markg here on the forums. I'm Mark in NC or Mark still in NC. Confusing, ain't it? :)

For those reading posts on this Teknetics Forum, let me again be clear that I do like certain Teknetics models more than others, my preferred model being the Omega, especially with the 8"round Concentric and 5" round Double-D coils. Also, for those who don't know me, I'll also add that I prefer to have more control of a detector model's Ground Balance setting, for both the threshold-based All Metal/Pinpoint mode and the motion-based [size=small](aka motion Discriminating)[/size] mode. As a general rule, I am not too thrilled with models that rely on internally preset Ground Balance settings because they can often not work that well, especially in higher mineralized environments.

This was one of the issues I have with the Euro-Tek Pro I bought brand new from NW Detector Sales in Portland, Oregon. While impressed with the improved smaller packaging and user assembly, there were two problems I encountered.

1.. Right out of the box the middle rod didn't have the spring clip to hold the rod in the upper-S- rod. Fortunately I had a double-button spring clip I was able to make work.

2.. As mentioned before, while I had functional performance with the stock 8" Concentric coil on an assortment of desired coins, I had disappointing results when I attached a brand new 11" BiAxial coil and brand new 5" Double-D coil. These coils didn't respond well to a US Silver dollar and so-so on some US silver 50

Thank you for the follow up, Monte.

Appreciated.

HH
Mike

Thanks to all for the informative reviews , thanks to Skiwiz is one of the reasons I bought it !

Hank68 said:
Thanks to all for the informative reviews , thanks to Skiwiz is one of the reasons I bought it !
I wouldn't steer you wrong Hank, thats because I do not know how to drive....... just kidding I have a feeling that you will enjoy the ETP.

Haha, blind leading the blind hey Ski , lol heck yeah I love it already buddy!!!!!