Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ever put a 180 meter on a Excal?

ROBOCOP

Is it even possible?
I like my XS2 Pro with the 550 meter. Is that crazy?
I have a Excal 1000 with the SEF 12x15 swappable coil and pin point switch but I was wondering about wading with the Excal with a meter.
If I put the Sovereign SEF 10x12 coil with a 180 meter on the Excal is it possible to make it work?
The coil connection of the meter cable to the Excal pod would be the consideration. Maintain waterproof integrity there?
Chest mount the meter to keep it dry?
Electronics compatibility?

Anyone ever heard of trying this?

Thanks,

ROBOCOP

I suspect that one could get the meter to work with the Excalibur since I am told that the Sovereign and Excalibur II are basically the same machine just in a different housing.

The problem as I see it would be water tight integrity. Keeping the meter dry would be my greatest concern. Water seems to have a way of getting into spaces where it should never be found.

I understand this can not be done with the Excalibur as there is not a refference voltage for the meter to work. The Excalibur basicly is the Same as the Sovereign, but there is some difference in the curcuits.
Also why would a person want a meter on the Excalibur as it is mostly used for water hunting and my understanding if looking for the gold you dig everything that is not iron. On the Sovereign the meter is more important to help weed out some of the trash when coin huntiing with the close tones.

Rick

Interesting about the difference in the circuits. I was thinking if my Sovereign went down or if I just took one detector, the Excal on a plane trip, could I use the meter with it.

When shallow water wading with the Excal I could be less worried about waves with just a bagged meter. If I could get a good Vid in a foot or two of water would be a plus.

Thanks,

ROBOCOP

At the beach I dig every target. Yes I dig a lot of bottle caps, pull tabs , foil etc but on occasion what I hear and what I see in the scoop are two different things. Usually what I see in the scoop is a lot better than what I thought that I was hearing. IE a foil signal that was a 10K ring.

I've been using a Detector Pro Head Hunter Pulse for a couple of years and digging everything at the beach. After the 4th of July weekend the sparkler wire on the beach will drive you crazy.
Also screws and nails from storm damaged staircases can clutter the beach. The Excal and Sovereign offer a nice relief from digging iron.

I trade off the Pulse and BBS on the Florida Treasure coast trying to cover all the bases.

Thanks,

ROBOCOP

ROBO... ive just not found a need for a TID on the Xcal, in or out of the water. The Xcal is IMO the BEST machine at hating iron..... everything else is a target man. Gold is from foil to a penny.... and the ID changes based on depth and conditions. So i wouldnt look for a reason NOT to dig a target. The guys love their CTXs.... but one of these days someone is going to show them a heavy class ring that they missed because they ignored that penny. The way it is i COULD ignore a lot of targets because i can almost call the targets.... but i dont.

Dew

I agree with Dew, a good set of headphones can really tell you what the targets are...not that I never thought of it..

How about a Sovereign and it's meter in a waterproof box?

Not that but have thought about some time of meter that gives you a readout thru sunglasses