Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Every hunt is a mystery?

zeekeys

What a hunt will give up from one day to the next day is a surprise. Yesterday was 29 coins and 2 tokens. Today's hunt 151 coins. First JFK half in a few years, 1952 wheat penny. Great day for detecting. F70 settings: Sens@53, Thresh@-3, Tones@4H, Disc@20, Notch@tabs and Zinc. I was picking up so many zincs I notched them out so I could get the area I wanted to hunt done today. I figure I can go back and hunt the area I hunted today. I still have a large area to hunt and it will probably take me 5 more hunts to finish. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Trails....Z

Hey Z, Monster clad there bud. I have to shut down on the zincolns myself after about 20 or so. Sometime I go back after new rain so I run the chance of getting some better deep stuff along with the zincs. Gives me new hope.... I found a Kennedy just the other day myself and I didn't realize they were only 40% silver. I don't think I will try to clean it. HH---------IB

Another nice hunt Zee, keep the post coming. Me and my brother (wv62) have been trying to eek out some silver lately so our clad count has fallen off a bit but we are having a lot of fun with this new chirping method .

IB I don't like to notch out zincs but so many of the zincs from this area that I am hunting are toasted. I am following behind someone that came through some time ago. I can tell by the lack of quarters and nickles. Just look at the dimes this guy has passed up. Usually the quarters/nickles I find are masked by pennies or trash. There is a lot of iron and lead in certain places. The JFK was a solid 90 reading and just had to dig that, down about 3". Thanks reading.....Z

Still looking 52: It takes a lot of patience to hunt those deep signals out. I am just not made for those deep signals. I can't stay down on my knee to long before I start to tighten up and hurt. The best way for me to hunt is clad stabbing with the fast up and down method. I have gotten pretty good at popping those coins out. When I hit an area of 10 or more coins in a little area I use the pin pointer, but even then I can only do that for so long and I start to hurt and have to get up. Not complaining, just telling you there are limitations in the way I must hunt. I am glad I still can get out there and enjoy the digging in mother earth and getting grounded by her again. I feel so good after a hunt. Tired but feel good....Thanks for stopping by Still looking 52.....Z

I don't notch either Z but when I get tired and they start falsing from 67 to 83 I just need to walk on bye. ------------IB

Zee my man, you must be in awfully good shape to dig the way you do. Do you use WD40 on your joints. Awesome! :clapping:

IB: Some of those 67-83 signals are pocket spills. I think the F70 gets confused? Some of those spills have many different kind of coins in them. When I see 72, 84 in there trying to lock on I stop and dig that signal. I have found quarters/dimes/nickles and pennies in those jumpy numbers. Found 12 quarters in one hole a few weeks ago.

2 Much Trash: Haven't been to the doctor in years. Take vitamins everyday for 50 plus years. Soak in hot water when I get home from a hunt and tape some magnets on the soar spots. Shoulders, knees and back gets soar. Made some home made magnetic pads that I sleep on and get up ready to go again. I get a nap in almost everyday. I may not live to be a 100 but I am still enjoying metal detecting at 74 and looking forward to next year? Just went over 2,700 coins and usually get 70 plus hunts/days in for a season. I am at 57 hunts/days. Eough!! Thanks for replies guys and Happy Tails...Z

Zeekeys-----Forgive my ignorance--but---what does the magnets do (effect to relieve pain)?---------Del

Yea Z. Had a few of those multi denomination pocket spills. They were from low 70's on up. I found 2 quarters once stuck together that read out 92.
Ya gotta love surprises like that . That's a half dollar the hard way
I was hoping for a Big Ben:veryangry:-------IB

IB: I guess a person gets to know a detector and are surprised that you even dug that target. Then it comes to you, how in the heck did I know to dig that signal? It is like the knowledge comes right through the detector rod, into my hand and up to my brain." Dig that sucker dimwit!!" At least that is what it says to me. I don't care what people say when you metal detect you always have a story to tell others. What really surprises me is that people will listen and want to hear more. It is crazy... Thanks for listening....Z

Well Z In my case I get a gut feeling signal and dig out of of curiosity. It's like these signals get so imbedded into our character weather it be the numbers or the tones. When there is something even just a slight bit different we notice it even before we realize it. That's when the curiosity kicks in. I have walked away from some of these signals only to be haunted into coming back A good example is when I hit that round foil seal off the smaller milk bottles which I know are gonna be a dead solid 22 with the elliptical coil. I still have to dig it cause that dog gone Revier told my once small ladies gold hides there. Or when a 24 comes up instead which is the exact number of my wife's wedding band. Now you and I both know it is probably a folded flat piece of foil but I can't leave without digging it even if it is scratchy. Yup were all just a little bit crazy that way. Oh and by the way I've never gone as far as too lick a crusty old penny but I sure am getting good at spitting on em.:rofl:

HH-----------IB

Gad that guy Revier gets me wondering. And he shoots all my very good logical theories to hell. It is good he is here because he usually shows me that I don't know all I think I know.... And he is right about the low 20's being gold. I dug a 14K bracelet a few months back and I think the reading was 18,20 or 22? (Aaah!! memory!!!) I have my disc@20 just enough to knock out those sports drink foil caps. IB I have never licked a coin. And to spit on a coin, my spitting isn't very accurate. Usually hit my hand or some other part of my body I don't care to have spit on. It goes in the pouch and when I tumble them I look to see if any Indian or wheaties are in there. Enough......Z