Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Everybody???

Rob (IL)

Where did everybody go? Did you jump ship or are you using something else? There are a lot of names I don't see. Hmm.

Well, The forum has been dead lately. Too much heat in my part of the country. I guess others have kids starting school , etc, but I think most of us are still using the V3i's for the most part. I see some V's for sale by some forum posters and I do wonder what's going on in their world. I know some just have to try out the Deus or the 3030 and mostly they figure out that the new rigs just ain't a Whites and for damn sure aren't a V3i!

Our Visions, V3 and V3i's have been on top for 4 years and you know what--- They still are! We are still here and copying the mail and detecting a lot, mostly with the V, but splitting time with the TDI and Tesoro. When I post, it won't be redundant and I hope it's relevant and informative. I think most others feel the same and don't want their posts to be a waste of forum space.

When the good stuff shows up, folks will be reading and posting again.

Good hunting to you Rob.
John London

Thanks John

Interesting you post up that question Rob with my "timing" . This is the first time I have looked at anything detecting related on the web since late June. I was having a great time with my V3i (and other detectors). July 3 while on a trip to Cape Cod, Mass I had beginning of a medical issue I will be dealing with well into the spring of '13 and managing thereafter. I expect my next surgery in a couple of months will be my last on this issue. I spent July 3 through August 6 in Cape Cod hospital, 3 weeks of my stay I couldn't eat and was unable to spend time in any position but on my back. In short an apparent attack of appendicitis turned out to be a busted large intestine. The appendix was removed and a week later the same mid line incision was re-opened to find my busted gut. A month of fighting infections left me wasted. So it's only been very recent that I've been able to divert my attention to anything detecting now that I'm getting around. I learned a whole bunch and I'll never eat another nut, seed, skin or other possibly indigestible item.
The day before I got sick I had dug a gold and a silver ring....arrgh! I used my PI Pro with DF coil.
Thats my excuse for being absent from all detecting forums & activities. Now since I'm over the worst, I'll be lurking and reading. Even better, I've retired and once I'm strong again - OH Boy!
HH-Bruce

Maine checking in We are just starting to get some fall rain so maybe just maybe........... My new wooded site seems to be pretty empty. I had high hopes too but that is all part of the game...Talked to the farmer who owns my other site and he is trying to get some time to do some more work there so maybe.............just maybe Bill

I have been working myself into an early grave......:stretcher: Sold my etrac to a gentlemen in Russia. I could see its potential but was not for me for a multitude of different reasons. Still got my overloading white sef 10x12, pretty much gave up on kelly co ever getting it right. First rains should get me digging again.

Been busy diggin...doing very well...and extremely grateful to all. Using my PI Pro listening for whispers most of the time now.

Facebook groups have taken over where the forums once dominated. Most fellow detectorists I know are now posting less of their finds in the forums and more on FB. Just the evolution of the internet and social media. Not much you can do about it.

Facebook is junk I deleted mine got tired of people taking pics of food,that's stupid like I want to see what someone eating

I'm still around, just don't post often. Mostly look at lunchtime from my office desk. Haven't detected much here in Indiana due to drought conditions making any sod digging proposition too damaging in the areas I hunt. Don't want the hobby getting any more of a bad name than it already gets and ruining any of the relationships with land owners or my opportunities to come back.Recent rains have made digging less of an issue now. With Deer season approaching I am now concentrating on that. Hopefully get some detecting in yet this year.

Still here rob been a bit busy lately,i did have a couple of hours the other day,found my first roman coin..:thumbup:

i am still here. i have been so busy working on my house the last month or so and now here comes archery season and to top it off i have a 19 month old that i spend most of my time with.

been working the volleyball courts due to the hard ground--lots of clad--be in Siesta Key in a few weeks so really looking forward to that-hope to have some good pics on the other Forum.HH

Haven't been out much - fighting big "C". But I've noticed that no one in our md'ing club is having the success so prevalent in years past. Looks as if everyone has sold their jewelry to rip-off gold buying firms. I guess it's mostly the economy, or maybe stupidity AND the economy. I've even noticed that tot lots don't produce the kiddie jewelry and clad as it once did. Of course, the fact that everyone and his brother now owns a detector and a few of them even know how to use them may have something to do with the success ratio. And, of course, Rob, nothing generates forum activity like a successful hunt..

Hot in the desert, hot I tell you! But is cooling down somewhat now, so I will be more active until the daylight puts an end to the fun for a few months.......but I'll still be here!

The Shark