Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Everyone ready for the Detector season to begin?

This is when I find by best finds. The lakes are low and the parks are empty of people and there's no bugs or hot sun. The ground is usually soft for a little while and even that first half inch of ice can be broken pretty easily. I've been out every weekend the past few here in New England and have been finding good stuff. The woods are easy to walk around in too as long as you have hunter's orange on. Just keep the batteries fresh because they lose a percentage of charge in the cold.

:rofl:...:laugh:......Ever think of doing stand-up comedy for a living Fred? You're a riot.

I didn't know you could hunt lobster in the New England woods. Ya learn something new every day!!!

Have you tried getting a firm VDI on them...as they go by you. (Set your recovery delay real fast!):lol:

Best time to hunt but wear bright colors, preferably fluorescent orange and make a lot of noise as hunting season its dangerous to be in the woods..About that battery thing always thought cold was good and hot bad for batteries and perhaps someone could add insight...

I usually tie long branches to the side of my head to blend in and tend to hunt more in the brushy areas as not to be seen i try to step on sticks as iam walking as to scare everyone

Hey At least the guy is having fun, and that is metal detectng.That's like I use to fish resevoirs up there when I lived up that way.During that time of year, no one was on water then they were to busy staying warm or hunting..But guess what icaght biggest fish all season hands down flat! I for one think he's on right track go dig em!

[attachment 145935 watch_0002.JPG]I'm on the border of New York State no lobster out here You may get bit in the @#S by a Pike if you get in the water though. I posted the topic to get a reaction though its pretty true. Here's a watch I found.

Here's some ifo about batteries That I got from the web:

At -4 degrees F both NIMH AA and Lithium CR5 batteries are down to 1/2 normal capacities. At 32 degrees F both are down to between 90% - 95% of capacity. Alkaline AA cells are down to 65% at 32 degrees F and useless at -4 F.