Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Example of where I hunt

Larry (IL)

As Nancy was downloading pictures from the weekend, she sent me a few of one of the places we hunted. This is an example of what I look for in a place to hunt. The house was empty, on a corner lot and for sale..... all it took was a phone call to the listing agent and permission was granted. I had thoughts of filling our pockets with old coins here, but all I found was the Barber Quarter. One has to assume that a lot of these older homes have been hunted before and often not much to be found except clad............ BUT........... once in a great while you will come across a yard that has not been hunted before and it will be pouch filling time..........:drool:

In the other two pictures Rob found an IH not far from this spot and that is me working the boulevard.

[attachment 177603 house.jpg] [attachment 177604 house1.jpg] [attachment 177605 house2.jpg]

That looks like a good place to find coins all right, but as you noted they were not to be found except the one. They are probably under that cement sidewalk.

That reminds me of the local historical society museum house in my town. I am the treasurer for the society and one of my volunteer duties is to house-sit this house once or twice a month on a Sunday afternoon when it is open to the public. Since not too many guests show up I sometimes bide my time by detecting the back yard. I have yet to find a coin at this place. Years ago my dad and I used his XLT and my DFX to look it over with the same results, no coins. A month or two ago I gave it a shot with my V3i and although I did not find any coins I did find a piece of a harmonica and other small bits of brass and copper. I think some places just do not seem to have coins in the ground. I was told that no one had ever detected this place prior to my dad and me.

Just this fall I learned that the house next door used to be this house's carriage barn and it was moved and made into a house for the neighbor. I imagine that the previous empty lot would have been the play area and that the ground was all shifted around during the moving so any coins that were there are out of reach now.

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)

Great looking place to hunt Larry. Private residences usually pay off in greater quantity and variety than public venues like parks and schools. Asking permission is difficult for most.

Even a heavily hunted house hides a few keepers.

Rich (Utah)

Great looking site. Some look good and are not and some look bad and are good. You never know for sure until you hunt them.

Larry WTG man, Just being thear is 1/2 the funn, Mic

I never noticed in the picture of Larry my wife, Paulette, really looks excited. :goodnight: Rob