Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal 2 1000

I have a new Excal 2 1000. Tried it at the beach last week and have a question about the threshold. Set threshold as you normally would and it will be fine for a while then the volume and tone will change. It gets louder and sounds more broken up. Any suggestions are appreciated. I have been metal detecting for many years and have used several metal detectors. I now have a Etrac, explorer,dfx among others. I tried numerous different settings and they didn't seem to affect the out come. However when this happens I can pass my scoop over the coil and the tone will return to normal. Thanks for your help

Usually that means the mineralization composition is changing, hence your tone is changing. I've found here in Hawaii, i have to continually make small adjustments to my sensitivity and threshold to keep a steady threshold, because of the changing mineralization. If i could recommend one book for you, it would be Clive's book on Advance Methods For Finding Gold In The Water With a Minelab Excalibur. Hope that helps.

Ken

I don't want to sound like a smart ass, But the problem your talking about is explained in the owners manual. When your coil passes over iron in Disc. it will null meaning no sound and then will return to a low growl, if you continue to swing and the go over a good target it will return as a high tone. If you don't like the low growl sound just pass the coil near your scoop. There is many other things to listen for when the threshold changes sometimes when a target is just beyond detecting the only thing to let you know is the threshold change. If that happens go back and check in all metal......

Hope that helps for now...........HH

That happens to everyone that has Excalibur machines . You done the right thing by swinging your scoop under the coil. If there is a lot of iron trash it can really be a problem. Hang in there sounds like your machine is doing it's thing. HH :minelab: