Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

excal 800 refurbish

Bradford

I have a xcal 800 I bought new years ago. Since then I purchased a equinox 800 so Im detecting again. The excal is in rough shape meaning the cables for the blue headphones and the cable to the coil have lost most of the outer insulation off. I am considering refurbishing the excal. I have read many things about coils so I am more confused now than ever. I use it mostly for saltwater beach and general land detecting for coins and jewelry. I don't dive with it but do stand in water a couple feet deep. I will send it to the repair shop at minelab in PA but want a idea what coil I should ask for and is there a better option out for the blue headphones? Is it worth $450 to refurbish since I already own a equinox?

Trick it out yourself. CF shaft, connectors for coil and phones. Thumb switch for disc mode. Lipoly RC battery. Replace the coil cable as shown on YouTube vids. You can then put whatever coils you want on it and a good battery will make it last all day. Much better than spending money on it to look like a used stock machine. If you don’t want to do the work, sell it as is to someone that is likely looking for just what you have to do what I’m saying. I’ve done two and they look pretty cool. If you don’t miss it after using the equinox you may just want to sell it as is.

Bradford, I think bklein is right. if your a hands on kinda person as I am, refurbish it yourself. I didn't know anything about a Excalibur till few months ago. I asked a lot of questions and found some really good people here that helped me.
I got a lot of videos and information from OBN that opened a different world of detecting. search for OBN videos on youtube and you will see how to rebuild most every modification you can think of.
I would be glad to help you with where to order and most part numbers you need if you need the help. we live in a new world of information unlike what i grew up in. you can find out how to make anything, sometimes that dangerous.
My advise keep and fix it or sell it to me. lol or someone that would fix it. waste of a great machine just sitting around. Happy Hunting My Friend!

I would be happy to gain your knowledge of the excal. We hunt the same waters as I am on the middle coast of Texas Pm me please.

Bradford, probably the best person to help you is Dewcon4414. There are a lot of updates for the Excalibur and Dew is the guy. He has helped a lot of people on this forum including myself. Good Luck HH Ron