Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal and nulling

RC

I have been out every day for a month on our beaches. Setting are Disc1, Sensitivity6, Volume full, threshold just at buzzy bees, on disc. When i hit some iron i hear it null out. Sometimes the beez come back in 10 seconds. Sometime they come back after ten minutes.

Question is this normal ?

I think minilab calls it tone hold. I experience the same thing with my Xcal. If I run over a good target it tells me about it. So I don't worry about the threshold not coming back quickly. I do run sensitivity a little hotter. I try to run it where it only falses a little from time to time. On my beaches that is around 8 or higher.

Sweeping the coil over your scoop can sometimes help it get back to that mosquito high pitch buzzing sound ... I don’t like when it gets stuck on that low pitch growl either..

Pitch hold is used on the Xcal much like gold machines to better I’d weak signals that often were missed. That long null is recovery before the machine resets. You don’t get that in PP mode. The Xcal is the one machine that HATES iron.

What if you're water hunting, and the "Low Pitch Growl" is the threshold.

So you continue to sweep, go over a spot, then the threshold disappears but comes back as a high pitch.

Is it possible that was a good (but deep) target, to deep to generate a signal, but affect the threshold?

That can be only one of 2 things: A deep good target at the edge of detecting range or a large piece of iron (likely) trying to null it out but getting overpowered. Hope this helps. HH George

The threshold will hold to the tone of the last target you passed the coil over. Lay some targets of various metals on the ground and pass the coil over each one and listen to what the threshold does.