Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal Finds Titanium Ring

Suncoast Kid

I was doing some water hunting at the Beach and got a hit on a target that sounded good. It was solid, quick, clean, round, and sounded small, but it made the strangest noise. The tone was not like gold but a little higher, sort of mid-high, but was a sound I've never heard before, and one that I will never forget. I brought it up and it was a ring. It looked new with no corrosion or oxidation, and I thought it was white gold or platinum, when I got home I saw the word Titanium. That was a first for me, when I looked on the Bay I found about 500 hits for Titanium rings of all styles. I never knew until then that they made Titanium rings. It looks nice but not worth very much. I put an ad under lost/found, fiqure it's a men's wedding ring from a young couple, but to date no one has contacted me to claim it yet. Seems every time I go out brings a new experience. HH

Nice find! I want to find more rings. I guess I have to be next water for that. Oh well, back to coin hunting. Thanks for sharing!

Buried Crap NJ - LOL I like your sense of humor. I love your signature too.

Very nice looking ring
Well done :thumbup:

Ha, Buried Crap NJ, I can see your point of view. You think you have something and then it feels like a bad joke. I take it you have had this experience before. Maybe if someone claims it from my lost/found ad, it will all seem worth it. The only other Titanium I own are the two screws in my knee. HH

Those types of rings look good in the scoop....until you
pick them up and find they don't weigh squat. I think folks
buy them for the shine 'cus they aren't worth much otherwise.
Still a nice looker Suncoast Kid. Gold Nuggets :wiggle:

If no one claims it, Ebay it..It's a Very Nice looking ring..should get 30+, I would almost bet the diamonds are real. have them tested, would be a good selling point....

Well its worth a hell of a lot more than if it was stamped .925 ..........

Nice looking ring very popular with the younger generation - you can sell that easy....... I can never understand why people get more excited by silver rings than a ring such as your titanium one. Silver value is virtually nothing - 2nd hand re-sale value of that ring is so much more...

If I lived near you I would quite happily exchange 3 silver rings for that one....

Happy Hunting :clapping:

Most rings found will bring more than scrap. titainium rings also bring a nice price on Ebay or the flea market. if you check out the price for these rings there up there also from the stores!

Actually this is my first Titanium ring, but from what I have read, there must be plenty more out there. These rings look nice and seem to be gaining popularity with the younger generation. From shopping around I found about 500 different styles to choose from. In the future I think we will be finding a lot more of them. Unlike Gold, they are so light weight I think they will have a tendency to stay near the surface. HH

erikk,

Interesting, thanks for looking it up and finding the exact one. At least I know how much it would cost. As Titanium doesn't weigh very much, I think you would be getting a good deal to trade a gram of (Ag) to a gram of (Ti). If I can find a 1000 of them, I might take you up on that offer. You've made a good point that it is better to find this than maybe a Silver ring, and especially better than a pulltab. HH :beers:

OK,

I guess I read it wrong, and I guess I would too, unless I opened my own stand at the flea market. If I had 1000 grams or 1 Kilo of Silver, at least I could melt it down and make my own custom Silver Bar; And everyone, let us know what you do with your Titanium rings when they start to add up. HH:unsure:

And everyone, let us know what you do with your Titanium rings when they start to add up.

I do some work for a lady who is a jewelery dealer - she has a high end trade with gold and high quality stones, but also once a month she has a market stall where people can come and sell their gold - that is where she also sells all the low price gold and other fashion jewelery. So that is where my titanium, tungsten etc.. go (along with the gold). But she doesn't want any silver rings because there is are no buyers for them - unless they have a huge colorful stone.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy finding rings whatever metal they are........ but if it comes to value then I can do much better on a titanium ring than a silver ring.. I could go into silver economics but I would be heading way off topic from the ring find, so I will do that when I get some time in a separate post.

Let's hope this weekend we all find something gold......... happy hunting all...... :detecting:

BeachBat said:
And everyone, let us know what you do with your Titanium rings when they start to add up.

I do some work for a lady who is a jewelery dealer - she has a high end trade with gold and high quality stones, but also once a month she has a market stall where people can come and sell their gold - that is where she also sells all the low price gold and other fashion jewelery. So that is where my titanium, tungsten etc.. go (along with the gold). But she doesn't want any silver rings because there is are no buyers for them - unless they have a huge colorful stone.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy finding rings whatever metal they are........ but if it comes to value then I can do much better on a titanium ring than a silver ring.. I could go into silver economics but I would be heading way off topic from the ring find, so I will do that when I get some time in a separate post.

Let's hope this weekend we all find something gold......... happy hunting all...... :detecting:

Again trade you gram for gram your silver rings for my titanium, TC & SS rings

Erikk, that is an astoundingly good offer - but as I originally said I would need someone to be local, I am not particularly interested in trans-atlantic trades. However sometimes I do come over to America - so will bear that in mind........ and you wouldn't need to do gram for gram, ring for ring would be more than generous.........:ukflag: