Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

excal II off on switch / threshold

grumpy

We need help with a odd problem , at least its odd to me. my excel II knobs all crumbled off this year when I took the machine out of the bag to go to the beach, evidently a result of high heat. All knobs and switches worked with a little silicone lube except the off on threshold switch.
The switch turns the machine off and on an controls the threshold but when you turn the switch to the off it goes off then you turn the switch a little farther in the off direction and the machine comes back on.
You have to keep the knob on the exact point of OFF or the machine can come back on. Is this normal or a bad switch?? If it is the switch can a person purchase and replace themselves.??
Thanks for any help.
Grumpy

Sounds like the switch is functioning ok but if memory serves me right i would say your problem is that little metal pin which goes through the stem of the threshold switch has either shifted or was put in backwards .. the little pin forces the switch to stop and not go any farther when turning off... your pin isnt making contact in the off position .... if still under warranty send it in... if not you want to watch some utube videos of people working on excals to familiarize your self with the process..good luck...

This is what is going on, just flip yours over without the battery and you can see the same. The circuit is open (gap) it is off, once it closes it comes on.. your is going past the stop ..

so it is on (gap is closed) ..you turn it off..(gap open)..but goes past the stop and comes back on...Not normal but livable, you could resort to just unplugging the Battery (to turn off) but be careful for if you plug in the Ikelite wrong could cost you a board.

half way thru video shows normal...

Just a guess but to repair may set you back about 120 to 140.00

I do have videos on how but the pots require a little work to fit, the shaft needs about a 2mm extension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N37wM4byx8s

Ya....... Joes the man. But sounds like your metal stop pin that goes thru the threshold knob may have come out or the switch broke.