Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal II pays for itself first day!!!!

devildog2345

Ok well maybe not in the traditional monetary way but the second I found my first cell phone 14 inches down in wet sand it paid for itself in happiness level. This was my upgrade to the Ace 250 for wet sand and surf. I learned many valuable things about the excal today.

1. It is WWWAAAAYYY heavier than the 250. I had read about it but thought I would be ok. Well let me tell you it even wore out the arm of this Marine! I am definitely hip mounting it or getting the rod to adjust the position of the unit.

2. The stock headphones are extremely cheap feeling and start to hurt after only an hour or two of use. Will definitely be upgrading them in the near future.

3. This unit has a much steeper learning curve than the 250. Reading as much as you can about the machine definitely helps but it's gonna take use to really learn. Pinpointing is a little tricky on this and no indication of depth really sucks.

4. Speaking of depth this thing goes deep! I'm glad I didn't go with a PI machine cause I wouldn't want to dig much deeper.

5. Speaking of digging, digging in the surf SUCKS! Just when you get some good depth on the hole it gets filled back in by a wave. I gave up on a few targets cause I had been digging for like 15 mins and gotten nowhere.

Other than that I'm thoroughly happy with my purchase. The phone was great. I can't wait to get my first gold with ice. Got 65 cents in clad and a bunch of bottle caps but the best thing of all was that I didn't dig a single piece of iron on a beach full of iron scrap!

When I first got mine I was overwhelmed, sounds, weight, water hunting and on and on. Well let me tell you I would not part with my Excal for nothing.
What Ii suggest is get Clive's books on metal detecting with the Excal and call Kellyco and order "basic ear training for Excalibur" by tony Diana. When I read the books and did the ear training first day out after ear training snagged a gold ring.
Send me a PM and I will flash you picks of some of my finds, I don't know how to do it on this site. The more you hunt with the excal the more you will learn to appreciate the machine.

Gerry

You have got the ultimate beach machine. It takes a while but you and that machine will adjust to each other. Get the biggest scoop you can handle and your recoveries will improve. HH :minelab:

you have a great machine it takes a bit of time to use machine and get used to it, i agree the books and training ear CD are well worth the monies then you ll need to spend allot of time swinging it,and a good alum beach scoop is a must, as for the weight i use a hip mount assy from plugger and i use his straight shaft too nice set up..
you can look me up on face book and see pics of all or most of my finds..
have fun
hh
john

Good to hear someone else has the same problem with the waves,you bet if i get near the water the waves come in even if they weren't there before "frustrating" to say the least.Hubby is making me a new scoop that will improve things in the water for me.
Heavy! yes that thing is heavy for me at 68yrs female but believe it or not i went for 6-7 hours using my husbands braces??? without a problem.I did find a ring last time we went out but i don't see a stamp inside but the stone looks great probably cubic circonia

Cheers Maureen in Oz.

The guy I bought mine from already had a hip mount that he had bought and never had used. After the first hunt I did the hip mount thing and it works awesome.

I would love a hip mount but the sheer amount of work posting and changing money puts me off,i will ask at my local treasure pit if he can get one in for me.

Cheers Maureen..

you can check out pluggers stuff if you email him or on his website...plugger1946@gmail.com he just came out with a chest mount assy,i have one comming im sure itll be a nice compliment to the shaft i have of his,as i stated earlier i do have his hip mount assy that works great too..check his stuff out..:clapping::detecting: