Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal mod.

Head Phones

What kinda Mod

If you mean an extra wire going to the foil shield inside the circuit board tube ... go to this thread and scroll down to OBN's revised video. He shows the Excal II with the wire to the shield.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?22,1624484

Edit: I see the most knowledgeable OBN was posting as I looked for the link!

Went to help a freind mod to Grey Ghost removable. Stopped until I can get more info abot this circuit.

I stopped mod. detectors before the change to 3 wires. I am guessing it is a ground shield for noise.

How are the detectors that have removed this circuit working? Is this circuit needed?

Connected to the negtive side of the Capacitor, then "in" the endcap. connects with the red wire and runs up to the piezo buzzer..............and why? I'm not sure other then a ground to the outside world? But it can't because it's all siliconed in......unless I missed something...does not connect to the shielding on the Pod. Seems to have no affect not connected.

That third (Yellow) wire is for shielding. If you look at the wire from the headphones, the yellow wire is attached on the inside of the cap to the shielding wire from the phones. That wire goes into the blue capacitor near the end of the circuit board like OBN's photo shows.

I run mine without it connected and it seems to be OK.

Joe, I dont know if this will help but here we go. I did not use the red wire coming from the gray ghost. I found that the white and the black wire worked and increased the sound but for some reason , the sound seems unstable when compared with the original Excal. 2 headphones. Im not too happy at this point. Hope this helps. The pic on the left is coming from an old battery end cap to the circuit board and pic on the right in the Gray Ghost wires coming from the headphones to the GG connector which in turn connects to the old battery pod end cap.

Hey RP, Been checking around, may have the solution but want to run a few test before I come to a conclusion. Should know in a week, I have a excal II coming in for a Mod by the weekend...will let you know then. From what I have gathered so far, looks like the Excalibur II's do need the ground wire connected with the GG......Will get back to you on this........................joe

Thanks to Finderkeepers for info on this...

OK Joe, I would like to put this to bed once and for all and the info out there is so in conclusive each and every time , Thanks bud