Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal needs repair /advice

NEMeanderer

I hear that Minelab has a new repair locatioin.
My excal is way out off warranty. It also has Grey Ghosts hard wired.
The machine was working fine when wading. I started diving in fresh water at about 10' of depth. The machine was working fine for about the first 20 minutes then it became very erratic with lots of static.Think that there is a loose wire or maybe a leak somewhere.
Do I contact Minelab first to see whether they will do the repair or, since it is out of warranty, do I contact the new repair location to see if they will do it?
Any suggestion / advice is greatly appreciated.

I would say repair location.

I used to send mine to Kellyco but I hear the new location (Pennsylvania) is very good and has a fast turnaround.

I'm sure it's something they have seen before. Can you see any moisture in the main tube or the battery tube? Maybe the O-rings on the knobs were weak?

Maybe just the headphones failed? They will probably want you to ship the unit without the shaft. It's good to have a backup when you use a excal.

Call MInelab customer service, they will take care of the intake process.. The machine will go to PA, to the official Minelab repair center. Fort Bedford detectors. They will confirm and call you when the machine has been diagnosed. Then you can go from there, Keith and His crew will take good care of you and in a very short period of time. All of I've heard has been less then two week turn around. Also for the record, do not say any thing about mods to minelab, Keith informed me they have no problem working on modified excaliburs.

It appears ....... Richard is advertising a WATER HEATER company........ and added no help to the OPer.

meanderer said:
Thanks OBN: I will do just that. The turn around time sounds great. ...What mods?
thank you

Modifications to the machine. like aftermarket head phones, aftermarket coil...I guess you might say a xcal that has been altered.

Keith and Tony @ Fort Bedford are great