Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal NiMH battery pod

dbsmokey

I have a cracked battery pod for my older excal 800. I want to upgrade to a NiMH battery, since the batteries are also not holding a charge for more than 2 hours. Can anybody recommend a dealer who might have the pods? I have contacted a couple and no one seems to have the pods...

Thanks

You could paint the pod with epoxy or fiberglass resin to seal it over the cracks(make sure you don't seal the endcap), as to a nimh refil i got mine from here the charger on the page works ok too but not as good as the accucel6, as to a complete pod with batteries no idea who may have them in stock due to the recent shortage of minelab accesories but you could try ringing arround, Joe at Demarcos had them on offer not too long ago and may still have some, you could also get an alkaline pack and put a nimh refil into it, they say its not good for diving though only for wading, mine is ok but not tried it at any depth so far.

dbsmokey said:
erikk said:
There is one on E Bay 4 $95.00

Thanks but that one is NiCad. I want NiMH

If you need one and there are no others available buy the one on e bay, use it till it quits and replace the guts with a NiMH that they sell there too. At least you will have a a pod that is intact. From what I understand if you try to repair the pod and are unsuccessful and water gets in you will fry the battery and your excal

Joe,

Do you have a website? I sent you a PM regarding this.

if you clicked on the blue Demarco in my message it would have taken you to the website

Watch this video, they replace the Ni-Mh battery pack :

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF8WWbN16Mk[/video]

Cool video, but I have decided not to risk shorting the main unit by fooling with the battery pod innards.