Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal Treshold

I have been using an excal for a few years now & was wondering if I loose any depth when I turn the threshold down to silence....sometimes I just get tired of hearing the buzzzz all the time & I will back down the threshold slowly till I hear no buzz at all....I adj the sens to where I get a little crackle occasionaly & I'm ok with that.....Thanks...HH...Tab.

I'm not sure how everyone else hunts, but I'm in PP 99% of the time and require just a little hint of threshold..like a flat line threshold..then if I get a disruption or tiny bump of the flat line I'll stop and dig a scoop to check to see if it is a target. One thing that kills the depth on the Excalibur in PP are the stock head phones when hunting like this, and the reason I have my own head phones..

Go to 1:10 in the video and at 1:13 there is a very faint disruption of the threshold, possible target, then the more scoops I dig, the louder it gets...then Bam!..gold ring!.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XJE4PBXn_U[/video]

Thanks OBN..I see exactly what your talking about in the video....never hunted in pp only so I will give it a try....& yes I need new headphones, do not like the stock ones at all.....Thanks again...HH...Tab.

I find i get a bit more depth with a tad more threshold in PP than disc....... and of course i can run just out of auto sensitivity without it going NUTS. I get just a hint of a buzzz in disc.... but like Joe i use very good headphones.... some my buzz likely you wouldnt even hear with the stock phones.

dewcon4414 said:
I find i get a bit more depth with a tad more threshold in PP than disc....... and of course i can run just out of auto sensitivity without it going NUTS. I get just a hint of a buzzz in disc.... but like Joe i use very good headphones.... some my buzz likely you wouldnt even hear with the stock phones.

Thanks dew, just started to hunt in PP & like it.....but I really need better headphones....Tab.

It so much simpler with a PP switch.....switching with the knob is time consuming and they WILL break. The yellows don’t has the response to weak targets... and those are the deep ones.