Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibar 2 questions ?

atomicwayne

What is the best mode to hunt in with the the Excalibur?i will be searching in the salt water.We have a lot of iron targets near the shore line which kept me away from there with my Sea Hunter 2 so I would hunt knee deep to chest deep most of the time.With a machine that discriminates I am hoping it will open up more areas to search closer to shore.II would think the all metal mode would be like using the PI machine .N the all metal mode do you need to use it in a less sensitive mode than in discrimination mode? How much of a hassle is it to switch between modes.is it easy to pinpoint in disc mode?does the threshold run smooth or do you hear a lot of falling?my Sea Hunter drove me crazy white it's raising and falling tone.When I would swing left it got really loud then go quiet on return swing.I often wondered how many targets I missed during these times.I am hoping for a more stable ie. Quieter search experience. Last question sorry so long in the preset position does the machine auto adjust sensitivity or does it just run it at a lower setting?thanks for any help.please feel free to give tips or suggestions you have.

You have an advantage of running higher sensitivity in PP mode and unlike a PI u can check the target and move on. Id start out learning disc tone.... set the disc at 1 it knocks out most iron. The Xcal hates iron in disc. Then dig it all but iron and shallow bottle cap. I dont recommend auto sensitivity. You can set it for better depth. Get to much chatter back it off a bit. The xcal is a bit slow at recovery over iron. U will get more chatter near the water line..... minerals and coil flip. If u plan on hunting in PP mode.... do the PP switch mode.... simply the best way to go. In PP mode you can crank up the sensitivity and yes you hear the raise and fall during your swing.... again its coil control. With the Xcal u dont have to wonder if u will be able to hunt the beach...... and it opens up the whole beach .... not just the water and wet sand.

Dew

I hunt in discrimination 90% of the time with the sensitivity as high as possible. I have tried running in pinpoint & Eventually I will put the PP mod on but so far I haven found anything in pinpoit that I haven't gotten a response in discrim. or that was a good item but was bad in discrim mode
I have seen videos of people hunting in pinpoint but I would like to see what discrim sounds like before its dug. I'm not sure how much it actually helps.

It helps a lot... Knowing all the targets below the coil can really help, Just had a ring I dug...had a double beep in PP, switched to Discriminate to check and it..nulled.. but because I knew there was two targets there I singled out each in PP then toggled to discriminate quickly, found one was a nice low tone, two scoops and it turned out to be a Big Gold Pig of a ring...2o plus grams of 10k..never would have know with the single null covering the good target.

Joes right, with the slow recovery in disc with two targets you might just get a null depending on the depth of the two. Most of us who hunt in PP when checking our targets DONT reduce the sensitivity down when checking the target.... so we have an advantage when flipping over to disc.... because you know there is a target there. Next time on a really deep target in PP..... reduce your sensitivity to what you would have been running...... you might get a surprise.... or null/blank that you would have considered minerals and walked right over it. Advantage for disc is all tones are pretty loud for targets which gives you a false impression that the coil HALO is bigger. In PP target sizing/modulation comes more into play making for weaker signals on deep targets..... you have to pay attention. Good set of headphones really helps. The HALO off that Xcal isnt huge like say the Sov where you can pick up your scoop..... so keep the pattern tight out there..... or miss and inch.... miss a mile.

Dew

I run in PP all the time and it takes just a second to flip to Disc on a target and then back again.

I can usually tell an iron target from the tone in PP and just verify with the discrimination if I have a doubt.

When I started with the Excal the constantly changing tone in Disc drove me crazy. I would have given up on the detector if searching in PP didn't work - I much prefer the steadier threshold and, to me, unambiguous target tone in PP.

if u got a lot of iron slow down your swing speed and u will pick up stuff just next to the iron