Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur 1000 coil replacement question

Hey guys, I tried figuring this out myself but couldn't find anything definitive. Time to refer to the pros. My Excalibur 1000 coil I believe is about toast. I want to replace with something similar. What's the easiest way to do this. Send to Minelab? Kellyco? Or can I buy what I read about today, a tornado coil? Any and all input appreciated. OBN, the WOT you wired for me five years ago on another Excalibur is still going strong. Thanks.

Always alot of lookers just not many posters. Makes me wonder what happened to all the old timers...who use to post..

Believe the Kellyco repair center is the only place (authorized) servicing Minelab detectors. I just received my Excal back a couple of weeks ago from Kellyco to have the coil replaced as well as all seals/O-rings, the detector is working as it should with no problems. I provided the coil which was used 10" Excalibur II BBS, be prepared for a bit of a wait if you decide to send in your detector which I knew beforehand but didn't mind as I have other detectors to hunt with.

dobbratacus said:
Have I pissed someone off?
Lol, It's not you! :shrug:.....>>>>Heck, I'm starting to think me, and three other guys wear dive boots.:unsure:

****I was able to use Kco in Florida to replace the coil and o-rings on my Xcal 1000 about 3 years ago, It took about 3 weeks. Now, from what I've heard, it takes months for out of warranty repairs and mods. I need to get the PP mode, but don't want to give up the detector for that long. I do the O-rings myself now, but would be unsure on other mods being my first attempt. GL

You might check with GOLD DIGGER DETECTORS. I believe Matty St James is doing work for Ron Delgado. He discussed a splitter for the PP/headphones. Kelleyco has suspended the mods..... and i dont think out of repair work is now months. One way to find out is call. You can use any Sov coil.

Thanks Dewcon, you answered my question perfectly. Any link to the type of sovereign coil that forum members recommend that I should be looking at to mate with my excal 1000?Gonna see if OBN can do some mods for me this winter. Thanks for your time.

Doing a search on "10 inch minelab tornado coil" I find one left with the Sovereign connector on Amazon. All the dealer web sites I looked at showed out of stock, including Kellyco.

I put a 12x10 sef on one of mine and I love it. I use it for wet/dry sand hunting. To hard to swing in the water but provides great coverage. I use my Excal 2, 10" for wading.

I use a standard Sov coil on my blue Xcals. You can count on a standard coil being tuned to the Xcal. Also, do a post in the WTB classifieds. Toward the fall you tend to see more for sale. I find that odd the dealers sites are out of stock.... but you could check the sponsors here they can tell you how long to get one or if they might have a used one laying around. NEL has some good coils too. There are a lot of these coils out there...... but some of us seen this coming and have a few stashed away as they came available.

Dew

All things considered I think a 10 inch tornado is the right choice for overall use. IMHO :thumbup:

Thanks for your input. I saw tornado on eBay, guy was from The Ukraine, I jumped. Think it's a 12 by 13. That's ok, my arm can handle it. At least for a little while