Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur 800 Headphones - Need to replace

Coach "D"

Hi All,

I have this posted in another forum, but evidently, I used an INVISIBLE FONT, and no one has responded yet. :)

I have been having trouble with my headphones (Blue) staying together. They have a crack or two and I have epoxied them, but after a bit they still separate. I have read a lot of posts on various forums on changing out the headphones. Some have cut the wiring, spliced and sealed it up. Others have mentioned taking the top off of a battery pod and attaching to the top of the electronics can. I feel I could do the work if someone has the steps or pictures of what they have done. I just do not know what lurks beneath the top black plastic cover where the headphnes go into the can. I like the idea of taking the top off of a battery pod and mounting it to the can as the Gray Ghost's have the matching ikelite connector already installed. Anyone ever document what they did on their change out?
Thanks for any helpful details!

A winter project for me but I'm going to do the ikelite on the headphone part instead of the control pod, that way I can have one pair of Peltor HeadPhone's for all my detectors not just for the excal's.. but the Ls, DF, CZ

I just changed out 2 excal headphones for Peltors. One Yellow and one Blue. Took about an hour to do both. Pop the Blue ones in half and U will see how everything is encapsulated into a waterproof pod. This is what you move to the new headphones. The ones from the Blue excal,s don't even need to be trimmed to fit, the Yellow ones are oversized and require a little work with a dremmel but no big deal

What model Peltor Headphones, did you purchase?

Mine are on the way, shipping notice emailed today. I think the ones I got are a plain green/gray color, but the same model number.

After using both the 101's and the 105's for a couple years now I seem to like the 105's better. The 105's are a little more cash, but block the background noise better along with being more comfortable on the longer hunts.

Thank you; Errik, Coach"D"

Not having tried the 105's I can't comment on that however I had the 101's on for 6 hours the other day with a 30k wind howling and they did a pretty good job of blocking the noise. If they had been any more comfortable I probably would have fallen asleep and drowned .The $ wasn't an issue, the101 's were described in another post and work fine for me.
I bet the orange color would look super in a video too

Erikk,

Care to provide more details, photos? Thanks!

Well, I finally got the time to make the change from the old cracked Blue Excal headphones to my new Peltors. I took it nice and easy. I photo journaled for the next person wanting to make the change over. Thanks to Erikk and islandchips for their valuable input! Here is a link to the photo's on my Picasa web space: http://picasaweb.google.com/MAINforcePhoto/Excal_PeltorHeadphoneChangeOut?authkey=Gv1sRgCNaV2bLRwbGI7wE&feat=directlink

I am off to OBX over the Thanksgiving holiday, so I hope to report back good things.
Later,

Coach D,
Thanks a bunch for photo documenting the process! Much appreciated. It is much easier than can be described in word form. I will also do that this winter.

Best Regards,
Steve

Mr. Goldmaster turned me on to these for the Peltor 101's ...makes the long days smoother. Hy80 gelpads, pull orignal pad off, these are made to fit, snaps into place...cooler on the hot days and much softer then the stocks........joe

http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/peltor-gel-earmuff-seals.html