Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur BLUE headphones repair

sdesic

My Excalibur headphones broke, actually one side did.
Cable from one to another side has gone off at the end.
I have tried to open it but there is no screws on those blues like on yellow headphones.

Any ideas?
I also have issues with putting back the rubber cover - what glue to use?

[attachment 346954 DSC09805.JPG]
[attachment 346956 DSC09807.JPG]
[attachment 346957 DSC09812.JPG]
[attachment 346955 DSC09813.JPG]

And one more question... my Excal had been modded to have CTX3030 headphones connector
I don't know what is that connector called.

Thanks!
Sinisa

It separates at the blue and gray using a sharp flat head screw driver.

M12- 8 pin connector

Aquaseal or shoegoo will keep them on for a few years

OBN,
Thank you!
You are the best!

If those are not gel pads, you should get some. Big difference in sound, outside noise suppression and comfort.

They are with sponge - awesome sound proof compared to regular headphones...
What to look for? size - shape ...

I was thinking of making my own headphones next time :)
Have a few plastic piezo speakers and noise cancellation headphones.

My biggest issue with my ML blue headphones is that sometimes one side turns away from my head and its guides
and when I snorkel takes time to fill up with water and I don't hear sounds in that time. (and I dive 3-4x to get a target)
I have my snorkel on left side - headphones are in the way ... my jaw / teeth hurts from the pressure on the snorkel.

[attachment 347022 DSC09853.JPG]
[attachment 347023 DSC09854.JPG]

Those holes dont serve a purpose on land or neck deep. Just drill a larger hole top and bottom ........ then tap to keep the wind noise down on land. You need the holes for pressure diving.

Dew