Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur headphone replacement

muggsc

My blues are falling apart. I had a hard time keeping them on today in moderate surf. Has anyone done a direct change? If so what model? I have another week to go on this trip but after that they're going. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Cal

Cal, I know Mr. Bill at SURFSCANNERS Detector Sales may do either a HARDWIRED or IKELITE CONNECTION of Detector-PRO
Underwater (which are waterproof), or possibly another model of Detector-PRO Headphones on the EXCAL!! But, if your going
on a trip, you should CONTACT HIM ASAP for all the DETAILS!! Also, I just had a set of Mr. Goldmasters custom built headphones
mounted on one of my (2) EXCALS, but I have not got them back yet, maybe tomorrow or Monday via UPS!! So, I can't personally
comment on them as of yet!! But, a friend of mine built his own PELTOR-101's, and REALLY LIKES THEM!! Also, many patrons
of this forum have also had the GOLDMASTER Headphones put on their EXCALS', and have given some GREAT REVIEWS!!
If you want more info, you would have to call me, due to very limited computer access!! My cell# is (302) 354-5661.
BEST OF LUCK, whatever you decide, hh, Les Robinson

My brother just took the insides out of my old headphones and installed them in some nice ear protection phones like 23 bucks drilled holes to drain water and they work way better then the stock ones and are really comfortable.
brocifus

I'm thinking of trying the same thing. I can get the RAT blues for $24.95. I did one mod with them but not on the Excal.
Thanks,
Cal

Thanks Les,
The info is much appreciated. I might try a self fix first just to see if I can do it.
Cal

If you need help on converting to peltor H7A's. I found it in Clives book "Advanced Field Methods for the Minelab Excalibur: Theory & Practice".:poke:

Wow, I didn't know that. Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks,
Cal