Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur HP cable Pulling out ?????

mickfin

Has their ben any issues with the Head Phone cable pulling out of the end cap on the Excalibur II 1000 , ?????
Thanks All, Mickfin

I don't know about pulling out but I put a zip tie on mine to hold it to the side of the pod so that it does not get moved a lot. Movement at the point where the cable enters the pod can result in a broken wire.

The headphone cable is epoxied to the endcap on the inside. I dont see how it could possibly pull out.

Thanks for your reply Surf man, Maybe too much side to side movement , My friend had his on a Hip mount sed he hade that problem ,
I got mine on a long shaft I never had that problem, I have Silicone self-Fusing tape , Its a Black Rubber Tape , Napa # 783401 Wrapped around the Boot that comes out of the Pod and some on the cable itself for more support, so you never heard of braking of the wires, Thanks Mickfin,

Never, any of them... I have seen one where the person broke the heyco threaded mount, causing the heyco pigtail to flop around.

Thanks Oldbeechunt, heyco don't understand???? If you didn't hear noting that's good??? I got mine on a long shaft , wrapped some Silicone Self-Fusing
tape around the HP Boot and on too the cable a bit, Mickfin

Never heard of that either. Now i have seen pictures of the coil end cap on the older swords that appeared to NOT be epoxied in. just pot the end cap unplug it from the board and use some strong epoxy that you can get at any hard ware store and redue it. Take you maybe 10 min. I tape the cable at the top of the pod to the pod to keep it from pulling the ikelite (which is the connector). I think ive had about every possible problem with an Xcal........ but never that one.

Dew

Never heard of it happening but i would be more inclined to believe the wire going into the headphone it self would fail before the endcap side....

Dos anybody Hunt in All Metal too get through Black Sand?? Like in fresh water Rivers / Lakes
Thanks all,

Dos anybody Hunt in Pin Point too get through Black Sand,
Thanks

I hunt in PP all the time, i only use disc to check targets to see if they are iron. Disc takes to long to recover and you have to run less sensitivity and anytime you are using disc you have reduced your depth. The machine is reacting the same at a given sensitivity.......you just arent hearing whats going on in disc thru the headphones. IE....... you flip from disc to PP and you might realize you are hunting in a high EMI area......you just didnt hear it. I dont know how much depth you are gaining in PP if the sensitivity is equal...... its the ability to run HIGH sensitivity, no recovery time over a target, ability to work in the surf without falsing, and hearing it all....... including the black sand to pick out those weak targets that may sound like a quick false beep in disc that makes PP hunting a good way to go.

Dew

I expect to get blasted for saying this, but I use the AUTO setting to get a more stable tone in black sand. Well, it works for me! You might try it before going off.

We did drift a bit off topic, didn't we?
:wiggle: