Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur running down batteries too fast

Reeseb

I seem to have an issue with my Excalibur. Whether I use a lithium pack or the stock ML pack, I get the low battery squeal after about 2.5 hours. Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or knows what could be causing it. Thanks.

You might have a poor battery connection somewhere that creates a voltage drop.
Measure the current to see if it is normal. If so, measure the voltage right at the board to see if it is the same as across the battery.

I had same issue years ago when my batteries were old and worn out..I replaced the battery in the pod and it fixed my issue.. as previously mentioned checking the battery with a meter especially at full charge is a good idea..unfortunately I forget what they should read I think like 14.3 VDC or thereabouts...check both the battery and battery cable connector for corrosion also make sure the charging pins on the battery cable and charging cable aren’t pinched closed as this can contribute to a poor connection.. you can gently pry the gap open with a pocket knife if necessary... one of my batteries had a corroded wire inside the pod as moisture weeped into it from the hairline cracks in the pod...

Check the battery voltage to see if you are getting them fully charged. If i remember correctly they should be at around 14vdc when fully charged and should not give the low battery alarm until voltage drops down to around 9v.