Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur Sword leaking

signalseeker

Does anyone know of an individual or company that can pressure test an Excalibur Sword control pod for leaks.This detector works fine out of water but starts slowly leaking when submerged. I've placed it 2 feet down in a 55 gallon drum of water & cannot see any air bubbles. Any info would be appreciated.

Talked to Minelab service dept. They advised talking to Kellyco. Spoke with them & I'm shipping Excal there for them to take a look see.

may be just a matter of replacing "O" rings. I remove the knobs and end caps on mine about every 8 months and lube O rings with electrical grease, has never leaked, knock on wood. HH

John you hit it on the head, I would bet they have never been changed. Very simple to do, just mask off each side on the knobs and pry up with a flat head screw driver, they just press on....now there were a few that used a 2mm set screw I believe, which can be seen. And amazingly rare are a few swords with no top knob o rings...

Luckily I was able to get the control pod dried out with a hair dryer after finding water droplets within. Excal now functions as it should with both the pinpoint & disc mode performing correctly. Additionally I was having problems with maintaining a threshold tone but with a little more drying it's in good order. Seller from Indiana on Ebay stated he had used this detector in the water for 2 years & it was waterproof. Luckily I was vigilant and discovering the leaking problem before the control pod was ruined. I appreciate the info you provided about the O rings & I'd bet that's where the leaking problem exists. I have already shipped it out to Kellyco for them to do a pressure test. I'm hoping to hear from them with good news & get this Excal back in the water in good working condition.

Couple of things ill add..... if you use a water hose keep in mind you are just trying to rinse it off so DONT use high pressure it WILL push water past those O rings. You didnt say if the water was salt water or fresh water. If you were hunting in salt water and tasted the water and found it was fresh water like i did..... you know it was a a pressure hose issue. Trust me.... its a totally different issue if you get salt water in there. Kelleyco told me they see problems up to a year after repaired a board has had salt water on it. They must have gotten new equipment..... last i knew they couldnt pressure test at Kelleyco only at ML.

Dew

Do you put any silicone grease on the O-rings before installing? You sent me the part numbers on the O-rings, where is the best place to order? Jim