Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excel Battery problem

Nutriasub

I have tried three charged batteries on the blue excal 1000, one of them with brand new alkaline batteries, and the machine only makes noise when I wiggle the part of the wire right next to the battery connector...
Don't know what to do...
Any help or advise will be welcome
Thanks a lot

There should not be any noise when you wiggle the battery connector, sounds like the compression nut on the plug has broken the wire from the battery. I have had this happen once before.

It can happen at either end...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS7G4qkVgQk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMN2e4Jln44

Thanks OBN
What do the videos mean? Is the wire OK? Is it normal in every machine?

Thanks a lot

1st thing i would check is to make sure the plug side pins have not pinched shut...i had that happen once and thought there was something major wrong with my machine... if they have pinched shut gently spread them open a little with a razor or sharp knife... if the gap closes to far it doesnt make constant contact with the battery... good luck..

Nutriasub said:
Is it easy to repair? Can I do it myself?
Thanks

Must be fixed for eventually it will stop working, I would suggest KellyCo. One can do it themselves but the board has to be pulled, unsolder the Brown and blue battery wires to the board. Then you must replace the wire with one similar, I have a part number... then you have to hook the new wire to the ikelite, drill out the endcap, run the new wire thur, epoxy then solder the correct wires to the board then put all back together...Polarity must be correct, very important...

And this is common with the Green xcals rarely a blue..

And BH is correct, make sure it is not the ikelite connector...connection to the battery....the prongs... also if it is the wire going to the Ikelite all you have to do is pull the ikelite apart..I have a picture of this, and reconnect the bad...brown and blue wire...

OBN is correct on the steps for fixing it. I suggest unless your real comfortable doing it yourself to send it to Kellyco.... You can fry your motherboard if you reverse polarity and if you don't seal it properly you will flood unit. A new motherboard is about $780. I suggest you send it to Kellyco. It is about $100 plus return shipping to have it fixed...

treasure_hunter said:
OBN is correct on the steps for fixing it. I suggest unless your real comfortable doing it yourself to send it to Kellyco.... You can fry your motherboard if you reverse polarity and if you don't seal it properly you will flood unit. A new motherboard is about $780. I suggest you send it to Kellyco. It is about $100 plus return shipping to have it fixed...

I would say the best 100 you ever spent! Even I get nervous when working with the battery wire...

Well, I don't really know what happened.

I found that one of the blue batteries is working just fine, but I have to take off the soft plastic that goes between both connectors (battery and machine) then it works just fine. Seems now that when I wiggle the wire its not acting up at all... mystery!

Also found the new green battery is completely dead, have to get a new spare battery.

What do you guys think of the maxxpack batteries?

I cant send it to Kellyco, I live in Spain, and just on shipping its a lot of money.

Thanks a million for the support

Glad you got it working.... i did the maxxpack battery swap and im very pleased with the result as are most that ive read about... the difficult thing about swapping the batteries is that the new ones are slightly larger than the originals to the point that i had a tough time getting them into the pod..actually think i had to put some lube on them to get them in...

bootyhoundpa said:
Glad you got it working.... i did the maxxpack battery swap and im very pleased with the result as are most that ive read about... the difficult thing about swapping the batteries is that the new ones are slightly larger than the originals to the point that i had a tough time getting them into the pod..actually think i had to put some lube on them to get them in...
I had to do the same with one of the two batteries that I changed out. Used some of the silicone that I use on the gasket and it slipped right in.

Thanks for the information.
I will be buying some replacements from maxxpacks.
thanks again

Read YOUR Owners Manual, and PUT a F-U-L-L RECHARGE on IT!! I have OLDER Model EXCALS', and MY Battery System is DIFFERENT, and the RECHARGE Time is probably
SHORTER Time Period, than YOURS!! Also, check YOUR Rechargable Battery with a VOLTAGE METER, after the Rechargabe Battery has been DISCONNECTED from the Charger and SITTING (COOL DOWN Period) for at least (2) HOURS before Voltage Meter CHECK!! The RECHARGABLE Battery System is Approx. 14 VOLTS when FULLY CHARGED!!
BEST of LUCK, Les Robinson.

Got it fixed, took it to my shop in Spain and they had to change the ikelite and a little bit of the wire.
Now it works great!
Thanks