Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excellent Coin Shooting Hunt Yesterday which included 3 silvers

roseon3rd

Howdy all,

I was lucky to have made a hunt with some friends yesterday at one of our more generous spots and found yesterday to be no different. While it was a little cool early in the morning, mid-day brought more tolerable temps and some good diggings. My Garrett GTI 2500 had me on my knees digging for several hours! I ended up with 24 memorial pennies, 16 clad quarters, 10 clad dimes, a 1971 nickel, a Look Magazine Token, 1980 Canadian penny, a race car, a Vintage Ford Key Chain, a smashed clad half dollar, 3 wheat pennies (1940,1950 & 1955) a 1935 Buffalo Nickel,1953 Silver Rosie dime, 1943 Silver Washington quarter, and a dateless Silver Standing Liberty quarter!!!!
I actually got tied of digging memorials so I notched them out after a while. Mighty fine hunting and great fellowship made for a great hunt!

HH

Curt aka roseon3rd

Very nice haul. One should never notch out pennies on a 2500 as the 2500 will often read quarters as cents. Once you pinpoint and jockey the coil around slightly many of those cents will turn into quarters. Just a little tip.

Bill

Awesome!:clapping:Nice hunt!:detecting::garrett:Congrats on the silver, buff & wheaties!:cheers:WTG!:thumbup:Happy Hunting!:)

Thanks Willy. I've noticed that occur with dimes but not quarters. Guess I need to pay closer attention to what I'm doin. Dad gum it, just when I thought I had this machined learned....guess not.

HH Curt

nice haul...:clapping::detecting:

Great hunt. What type of spot it is it? I can't wait for March.

Chris