Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excellent low discharge 2000 mAh NIMH battery for Minelab Slimpacks...

christopher-ohio

I recently purchased these precharged batteries from DepotEco(after some comparison shopping) with no tax free shipping over $30 (eneloop Power Pack Kit Sanyo 277265). These are highly rated NIMH batteries that can sit on a shelf for a year after charging. They lose little of their charge which is the latest and greatest technology for NIMH which solved a big problem with NIMH batteries which lost charge even without use pretty quick. The battery size is perfect and fits nicely in the packs without being too tight since battery sizes truly vary from the manufacturer, sometimes quite dramatically. I recently had this problem with regular AA Duracells in the Explorer XS slimpack-terribly tight...just an FYI. You can also find these a Costco and Thomas Distributing too. The E-Trac rechargable pack discharges faster than any Explorer I've ever had so it with be the back-up for my Eneloop slimpack :)

Christopher, I bought a dozen nimh 2000 mAH batteries from Stores America on Ebay, with charger, but they did not charge fully nor retain their charge. These are NOT what you bought, but are lime green. The vendor says he will send me replacements of "the other type". Do you know what he meant by "other type"? I want my batteries to last all day, at least. His green batteries were dated 2005, so they must be made with out of date technology.

if you read about them on the net along with the testing by the "techies" against other ones like it from a few other manufacturers, they're good plus they have a one year warranty. Although they make up to 3000 mAh rechargeable NIMH AA batteries, they have rapid drain after charging even without use. The must say "low discharge"...maybe that what he meant...Thomas Distributing has a very good line up for perusal :)