Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Exchange 2 Collections

Anyone have an idea of how to alphabetize your collections you set up? I have about 20 different places I hunted & I made a separate collection for each one, using different colored folders & the icons provided, so my hunts are not just in 1 folder. I know you can arrange the geohunts & findpoints by name,number, etc, but I don't see a way of organizing the collections you create. The order of those are set by the date you create them,one after another, & I can't drag them up or down to change positions.

Thanks

I believe the collections are stacked (added to the bottom of the stack) as you create Collections. I have rearranged them by placing them all in the FILE folder, and then dragging and dropping them back one at a time, in the order I want them. It is a pain, but the only way I know how to rearrange them presently. It would be nice if they could be rearranged by grabbing and then dropping them in the order wanted. Similar to rearranging the icons on the computer desktop.

I just tried what I explained in my prior post and it doesn't let me put my Collections into the FILE. It has been a while since I "rearranged" my Collections, so now I will have to go find how I did it. However it was, it was a bit of a pain, that is why i haven't done it for a while. HH

How I rearranged my Collections before is not very practical, since any new collections will be added to the bottom of the stack. What I did was, deciding the order that I wanted the folders to be in. Then the one I wanted at the top I moved all the files from it into a "dummy" Holding File (collection) then highlighted the empty collection and sent it to the recycle bin. Then recreated the collection. Now it is at the bottom of the stack, and then moved the files from the dummy collection back into the collection just created. This has to be done in the order you want them, and as you delete the collection folders the stack moves up. If you only wanted to do this for a few Collections, it's not so bad, but with as many as I have now, NOT practical at all. Hopefully this will be changed to allow rearranging of the Collection folders.

I called Minelab & they are looking at this, but I know they will not have an answer so maybe it will be in a future update. When you just have a couple its okay, but if you use this and keep on adding collections, it is not going to work.

I agree with you. Like you, I have a lot of collections that I would like to rearrange, but can't without a lot of work. Hopefully Minelab will fix this. Another thing I would like changed, is the ability to have longer names for the Collections, FPs and WPs. .........HH