Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Exchange 2 problem

Ben Town

Opened up my exchange 2 Program and was looking around and noticed some extra stuff.
There was some info that someone else had added or somehow just ended up in my program.
This guy is in Australia and I have the location that he found a nice gold nugget , so I guess , road trip :clapping:
I really don’t like this kind of intrusion and I’m in the process of changing my password and then delete his stuff , just one folder .
This just showed up within a day as I was on it yesterday
Anyone else experience anything like this before?
BT

I see what your saying now.
No it’s not a sample it was a folder marked GPZ7000 and had detector settings , had findpoints and pics of his finds and gps locations that show on the map.
I was able to delete and remove all the info in the folder and the folder , the only trace left is there is now a selection tab at the top next to the CTX 3030 tab now a GPZ 7000 tab also
Any idea of how to delete this tab?
I contacted Minelab Jamie and she never heard anything like this before and passed it on to some tecks in Australia.
Also successfully changed my password , so we’ll see.
I have to say , that program is not very user friendly , kind of hard to figure out , but I got it .
BT

Without any screen shots, nobody can can give you a good answer. I believe you were seeing sample points. You can't remove the GPZ type, its part of the program because Xchange supports the GPZ detector.

I hope you realize the points you see are not on any sort of cloud server, they exist soley on your computer or the detector connected to it. So unless somebody physically took your computer and connected their detector to download waypoints, what you say is simply impossible.

(Geek Speak Warning): Sounds like a corrupt SQL database on the backend of the website.

I suspect the GPZ user would be far more upset than you, if he found out that his supposedly private nugget hunting area was revealed to a total stranger.

I'm pretty sure the IT guys will just re-index the database and quickly fix it, but I wonder what other info got shared with whom?

Just one of those mysteries I guess.
Hard to imagine that after 3 plus years a sample just shows up on my computer and I would think that it would have appeared elsewhere on someone else’s computer too if it’s in the program.
Anyway it appears no harms been done.
Everything but the tab that switches between the two detectors has been deleted and I’ve got a new password.
Thanks for the input
BT

Ben Town said:
I see what your saying now.
No it’s not a sample it was a folder marked GPZ7000 and had detector settings , had findpoints and pics of his finds and gps locations that show on the map.
I was able to delete and remove all the info in the folder and the folder , the only trace left is there is now a selection tab at the top next to the CTX 3030 tab now a GPZ 7000 tab also
Any idea of how to delete this tab?
I contacted Minelab Jamie and she never heard anything like this before and passed it on to some tecks in Australia.
Also successfully changed my password , so we’ll see.
I have to say , that program is not very user friendly , kind of hard to figure out , but I got it .
BT

yes the program is fairly horrible.

spend some time installing it on a different computer yesterday and trying to import a configuration I already had.
You can't do that before connecting a 3030.

Jason. You where absolutely right.
I never realized the samples were there and finally after over 3 years using the program they finally showed up and freaked me out.
Just glad it was nothing.
BT