Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Exchange 2

chadwick

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to email your find points to someone. Thanks

There is one way I can think of. What you do is drag the findpoints or whatever else you want to make a backup of to the "FILE" tab within the Xchange2 software. This tab should be under the "ALL" tab or two tabs under the "CTX 3030" tab if the CTX 3030 is plugged into the computer. There should be three options at the top in a black ribbon. What you want to do is click "Export a Minelab File". It should be the middle option with the arrow pointing down. Next there should be a box that pops up in the bottom left corner that says xchange2share.mlf. This is the file that you want to send through email. To find the location of the MLF backup file just click the drop down arrow to the right of the box of the file and select Show in folder. Here is a picture I edited of what you should see.....

Untitled_zps250519bb.png

AngelicStorm said:
There is one way I can think of. What you do is drag the findpoints or whatever else you want to make a backup of to the "FILE" tab within the Xchange2 software. This tab should be under the "ALL" tab or two tabs under the "CTX 3030" tab if the CTX 3030 is plugged into the computer. There should be three options at the top in a black ribbon. What you want to do is click "Export a Minelab File". It should be the middle option with the arrow pointing down. Next there should be a box that pops up in the bottom left corner that says xchange2share.mlf. This is the file that you want to send through email. To find the location of the MLF backup file just click the drop down arrow to the right of the box of the file and select Show in folder. Here is a picture I edited of what you should see.....

I will add to AngelicStorm's info: You can select one or multiple files, or combinations of files of FPs , GH, MODES, etc. You can EXPORT them all at once by hi-lighting them all at the same time. Once in the exported location they will all be one file (xchange2share.mlf) in the DOWNLOADS folder of your PC. If you already have a xchange2share.mlf file/files located there, there will be a number added to the end of the file name: xchange2share(?).mlf. For ease of IDing or locating that particular group of files, you can move/rename the file to whatever you want (keep the mlf extension as is), and then send the file in an email. Once the recipient receives it and downloads the file to their PC, they can import the mlf file into XChange2. Once imported into XChange2, the individual files will all appear in the FILE tab. Then just create a folder or move them to a folder and they can be edited renamed, etc.

Thanks for adding that information C&RHunter.

They do not have to have the software, but it would be nice for them to have the software in order to put the MLF file to use.

OK thanks guys I'm gonna give my friend a disk of the exchange2. I appreciate your time.