Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

excitment about the equinox series metal detectors

maxxkatt

There is a lot of excitement over the Equinox including myself. I got one ASAP and am very pleased with it. Since I was not really active in metal detecting when the AT Pro came out, I wonder if it generated a lot of excitement like the Equinox series.

I recall there was a stir when the ATPro came out but the reason for the hoopla with the EQ is that it’s something ML isn’t known for....light,fast and relatively inexpensive. And these were all things people were wanting,especially those who couldn’t/didn’t want to afford it. It’s looking to be yet another great tool.

Minelab had hordes of previous owners badly wanting something new, up to date and affordable from them. Bang

So .. if you are looking for a metal detector that, IN IT'S ACTUAL SELLING PRICE RANGE, (650 / 900), is waterproof, super-sensitive, has a very bright and clean LCD screen, is more lightweight than others, has dead-on pinpointing, has pre-loaded programs, lets you save custom profiles, includes wireless headphones (800), uses, multi-freq., or single, you choose, connects to your Bluetooth ear-buds, let's you set the volume and pitch of tones, can be upgraded via software updates, it's a no-brainer why so many choose the Nox 600 / 800.
It's because they did their research.

I haven't bought a new detector in over a decade and wanted a minelab forva while. You can't beat the price on the 600. I know I would have liked the T2, F75, or M6, but for a similar price with the veteran's discount, I finally got a Minelab.Wooooooooohoooooo!

-- moved topic --

(its getting deep here :help:) but until it can dig, cook hot dogs and dispense beverages.... :buds:
Just another detector :smoke:

Any new or older detector on its own 'does not' find you anymore just by switching it on straight out of the box,this also applies to this new Nox detector range,its the skill set and experience of the operator and not just the detector.The more you learn what the detector is telling you and how you set it up this is what unlocks the magic on what a detector can do,not just by buying a brand new one and then switching it on expecting your finds bag to overflow with the best finds ever.

Detecting is not like that alas,of course its nice having a new detector,but 'experience' counts far more in my mind,a experienced detectorist with a older machine because he has learnt what its telling him,will always run circles around a novice with say a brand new Nox straight out the box.

vlad said:
(its getting deep here :help:) but until it can dig, cook hot dogs and dispense beverages.... :buds:
Just another detector :smoke:

So true.......it will soon be forgotten when the next miracle machine arrives.
I'm quite glad that these high tech detectors keep hitting the market.......half the people that use them have'nt got a clue what effect all the functions and programs are having on their detecting.I see so many people stood in the fields at rallies adjusting their detectors and hoping they are doing the right thing......its laughable.

Simplicity has its place. The Tesoro Compadre keeps finding great stuff and folks keep buying it.

Wouldn’t it be great to have a multifrequency detector with high sensitivity that wasn’t easily fooled by iron and had about 3 knobs. There’s a big hole in the market for this.

Theres no need for that guys.......it may have something really amazing on it like a coloured lcd......they help in high trashy areas don't you know.

I basically can’t use my Nox 600 without my pinpointer. Otherwise I am fepeatedly fooled by large targets falsing or - in the case of large alu - registering as high conductior like silver. The pinpointer is much quicker and more accurate than the nox’s PP function to size targets.

But it gives same signal on coin targets as crushed can sized target. :poke:
https://pagebean-pagebean.netdna-ssl.com/sciplus/productImages/Regular/58586.jpg
Coins will fit new Coke machines that sells gianormous 2 liter cans.
https://secure.img1-fg.wfcdn.com/im/66172403/resize-h310-w310%5Ecompr-r85/4650/46501831/coke-replica-decorative-bottle.jpg :drinking::drinking::drinking:

I will grudgingly say that it is probably the most versatile mid-range detector out there. If you're going to have ONE detector it's probably the one. If you only hunt one type of site, there may be a better different one for you.

Architex said:
I will grudgingly say that it is probably the most versatile mid-range detector out there. If you're going to have ONE detector it's probably the one. If you only hunt one type of site, there may be a better different one for you.

Have you tried all the other mid range detectors on the market?I don't believe anybody can say one machine is the best.......even "probably" is too strong a word......if they have'nt thoroughly tested every one.
I've been lucky enough to have owned most of the popular machines over the years including minelabs,xp's,whites,tesoros,red heat,c scopes etc and to be honest i've had quite good results with most of them.
I think detectors are at a stage where overall performance is basically the same on each category of detector.....no one machine really stands out.