Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

excitment about the equinox series metal detectors

Read again, I didn't say it was the best, I said most versatile.

Ok then.....even the most versatile.As for being a hater,whats all that about.......ive owned many minelabs and ive thought they were great machines.......i still own an explorer se.I don't hate any machine or manufacturer,as i said above ive tried most and ive had great results with most.
What im saying is that a machine like the nox comes out and everybody jumps on the bandwagon saying how great it is.......its happened with many machines over the years........then all of a sudden they start appearing in the used sales section because they are no better than anything else on the market.
Im glad you like your nox and im sure it will do really well for you.
Ps,what i hate is people with shallow minds who put ridiculous comments on forums......sound familiar!

I agree with you Neil, i only bought a Nox for beach and salt water, other than that i use other detectors that i like better.

Not a lot of excitement in Canada from what I’m hearing. The poor quality of our coins means you better dig it all since coins and junk sound the same. Guess it’s pretty good at finding pennies though. For Canadian coins you might be better off with a Tesoro Mojave.

The hype is dying down thank the Lord! The less people that have one the better IMO :tongue:

All that being said, if they make a 1000 with etrac ability to hit silver like the 800 hits mid conductors .. that will be a mean machine.

I have the Nox 800 and agree that it's a pretty darn good all around detector, but I also have the Makro Multi Kruzer and I think it's a better all around detector than the Nox. The Nox may, I said MAY work a little better for deep silver and be a better saltwater wet sand detector, but for cherry pickin' parks, hunting ghost towns, old lots, competition hunts, and fresh water hunting, I think the Multi Kruzer has it beat.

The excitement and hype will continue as long as the dozen or so fan boys continue to work the forums and pimp the machine and certainly it's biggest attraction is it's versatility for the price. I found the only disappointing thing to be the poor build quality of the shaft and cuff system. Many of the reports from beach and surf hunters are leading to aftermarket rods and accessories to compensate for the deficiencies. When you factor in that additional $150 to $200 it rapidly shades the value aspect that so many of the street barkers are touting. While I have had a Nox and not the M Kruzer , my understanding is that the M Kruzer's build quality is far superior.