Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Expedition 3/6/22 first time out with Deus 2

Coin Rescue Inc

The weather warmed up a bit the last couple days a i was dying to get out. There are still heaps of snow piled up in the parking lots so I headed to the beach. Last time I was there the lake was pretty much froze. Today it was a beautful teal blue.
Just a bit on my back ground I an 71 an spent the day yesterday fixing the dishwasher by dissasembling it and cleaning out about 2 lbs of grease. I streached and exercised about every leg and back muscles on can think of and today I was pretty sore and actully had to struggle to get back on my feet once I dropped down to dig.
I set up the Deus 2 in program 5, Park mode to block out steel bottle caps. I was at the beach and brought along my sand scoop.
After 5 mins the first target I hit with a 91-92 ID turned out to be a 1925 wheat cent, then another and a 3rd wheat cent. Unheard of, I was hunting the same area last year with the ORX. The Deus 2 definatly is doing somethng differant and deeper. Might be the 11 coil. I only have the 9" on the ORX.
Then something else strange happend.
I hit three more 91- 92 signals i could not recover.
The first i thought was a big piece of iron. Dark brown an very hard. The second i gave up on. The third i could not get any traction so I scurried back to the truck and retired the scoop for my spade. Back at the hole the spade was not doing ant better. What the heck, after digging out 10" of sand I was hitting frozen sand. The lower sands have not thawed yet. As hard as i tried I could not get close to the traget. Just made mental notes where to return later and filled the hole. On the way out i did dig two aluminum bottle caps that ID in the high 90's.
So after burning what energy I.had for the day I packed up and went home. So far I am liking the new Deus.

Attachments

• 20220306_133051.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 71