Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Experienced Beach Hunters Only - EQ800 sucks, what should I replace it with?

Cutaplug

Before all the EQ800 owners mob me please hear me out. I am a lot more mature than my title. I think... Anyway I have been silver hunting for many years and would consider myself one of the best. My primary silver seekers are the ctx and etrac. My last push to find a lot of silver netted me 136 silvers in less than 3 months using the CTX. I believe the key to being productive while metal detecting is detecting efficiently. By hunting efficiently what I mean is:

1. Ability to distinguish ferrous from non ferrous targets easily at any depth. This is accomplished using the FE numbers on CTX and Etrac. (detector and user)
2. Ability to define desired target and discriminate out unwanted targets with minimal loss of performance (depth, signal consistency, etc...). (detector)
3. Ability to identify targets using audio and visual information to “skip” unwanted targets. (detector provides info, user deciphers info)
4. Quickly determining if a site is productive or not and moving on quickly if it’s not. (user)

Using the above info I have had a lot of success and I’m content with my abilities to hunt on land. Now that my horn is tooted I could really use some help with beach hunting. I recently moved to Florida and would like to find gold. If life was simple I would be able to take my CTX and kill it on gold but life is never simple. The CTX is a great machine on silver but to say it kindly it sucks on gold. I understand why but no need to go into details on that.

Now I am on a mission to find the CTX equivalent for lower conductivity targets such as gold. When the Minelab EQ 800 was released I was super excited and optimistic. Now that I’ve used it for a while I am in search of a new machine. The main issue with the eq800 is that is cannot distinguish ferrous targets from non ferrous targets (ie rusty bottle caps). I know I know someone will chime in and say the following:
- You can change the hunting frequency and the numbers will jump. Yes this is true for a mode such as park 2 which works great on dry sand. Even using Park 2 I do not want to check every target by changing the frequency. That is extremely inefficient. Park 2 is also too unstable to get any real depth on wet sand. On wet salty sand running beach 1 you can’t change the frequency since it is stuck in multi. New and Deteriorated bottle caps will give a solid signal.
- You can pump the coil up and down and see the numbers jump. I’ve seen the Youtube video, try doing that on a 12 inch target. Any 12 inch target will be all over the place you say? My response - the CTX and Etrac can easily distinguish ferrous from non ferrous targets at maximum depth capability. It is possible.
- The signal is different. I have seen solid tones on bottle caps, soft tones, scratchy tones, short tones, long tones so they have no consistency. A steel bottle cap can read #3 all the way up to the high teens on the eq800. There is no discriminating them out.

Now that I’m done ranting I’d love to get input from experienced beach hunters about what machine is the most efficient for low conductivity targets such as gold on the beach. What I’m looking for:
1. Ability to distinguish non ferrous from ferrous easily.
2. Detector is higher frequency so good on lower conductivity targets. Not looking for too high or I will be digging tiny aluminum pieces. Would like to find a sweet spot where it will pick up small earrings but not pieces so tiny my pinpointer won't even find them.
3. Excellent depth capabilities. If it can reach the same depths of eq800 I would be happy with it.
4. Ability to set discrimination to eliminate zinc pennies and up. I’m not interested in digging silver or coins. Just looking for gold.

The CTX and Etrac are the best of the best for land hunting silver. Is there a detector that is equivalent for beach gold detecting?

Plug,

You gotta dig the trash to get the cash. You gotta ground balance your perspective on this situation. I use another brand of detectors. I will eventually get an Equinox 800, for other uses. From what I gather Andy Sabisch has written an excellent book on using the Equinox. Also Gary Drayton and Clive James Clynick are prolific authors on beach hunting, with probably hundreds of thousands of dollars in jewelry finds between them. So going back to ground balancing ones perspective. In the winter SRP starts lowering the flow from the dam that feeds the Salt River. Thousands of people tube down this river every day, all summer. For every gold ring I and my buddies dig we will pull 300-500 pull tabs and bottle caps. It's a real grind, but fun. Good luck, get the bling!

Jeff

As Jeff said, it takes patience to find gold in the dirt, or water. Practice, practice practice. This is another part of the hobby that you have to teach yourself, in my opinion.

I heard that the best water machine to find gold rings is the Minelab Excalibur. I bought one because most folks used them but I didn’t use it that much and am willing to part with it.

Some folks on the water/beach forum might have more accurate opinions on this subject than this one but only a guess.

Minelab’s in general go deep and you can discriminate out iron and higher, but discriminate to high and you will knock out women’s more valuable rings.

Tony

Yes as stated above you have to dig trash to find gold you may be good at silver how many gold rings have you found say in a year with your CTX or Etrac?
I'm a good silver hunter to and have lots of beach time in living in Ct that's what I do in the winter this year so far I have 3 nice 14-18k rings.
In florida you'll see a lot of beach hunters they're out at night! I also use a Equinox 800 all the time and my silver this year has been incredible coming from a Etrac also.
Id say watch NH detecting he uses a Equinox and finds more gold rings than anyone I've ever seen oh and a guy I know who has a CTX and a Nox shows me his gold finds from the beach and he says its the best machine he's ever used for gold his Nox and his finds always impress me but he spends 8 hours a clip beach hunting.
So a lot of it has to do with time spent using and getting to know your machine I believe..
HH Mark

Yes is does kind of suck when you are dealing with a lot of bottle caps. Unfortunately there's only a few other good choices right now. The Excel hates bottle caps, the CTX and CZ-21 (with it's concentric coil) both handle them well. I just bought a new CZ-21 because I like the 8" coil. Maybe in a year or 2 we'll have more choices.

Disclaimer first: I don't have and have not used the detectors you reference. That said; I have met and talked with many people who have been very successful finding gold at the beach with a CTX. You may want to look at different programs available and reconsider your CTX.

Same with CTX and nickels...Rusty you relate! Some say they don’t find any nickels with the CTX,I don’t have ANY problem finding them. Even deep nickels. You KNOW when digging deep you’re after a “ range”. I think you have to find that range with gold. Yes yes,it can be all over the board. But where does MOST of it fall? That’s the first question to answer. A guy did a video with an Explorer I think it was and tested a load of different rings. Perhaps use his testing as a guide....

I gotta agree with tvr on this one...I even had it happen right in front me one morning at the shore..I’m swinging my Excalibur digging up targets right and left,along comes this guy with a cox.. when even he detects a target he analyzes it for like a minute or two and then moves on...I saw the guy detect like 20 targets but only dug like 3.. I kinda felt sorry for the guy cause from my perspective it didn’t look he knew what he was doing.. so I went over to the guy to see if I could offer some advice.. I felt all proud of myself with a bulging pocketful of clad..so ask him if he’s having any luck..he said he got 2 pull tabs and 1 gold ring which he showed me..I said wow you did real well for only digging 3 targets..he said he only digs targets with higher probability of being gold...he leaves all the clad lay,doesn’t even dig it.. if you watch any gravedigger max older videos he calls his buddy Denny” Chain man” cause he was finding gold chains pretty regularly on saltwater beach... all comes down finding the magic wand that gives you the most confidence...

Don't know what your issues might be with the CTX and finding gold but I've had mine for 3 seasons now and it really outshines the Excal and NOX 800 in terms of discrimination and it is awesome detecting gold. The two dimensional discrimination matrix on the CTX is GREAT and second to none. Sure don't miss digging bottle caps in the surf as I did all day long with the Excal. Past 2 seasons have found 20 gold rings (3 dental gold) and rings ranged from 0.56g to about 14g. I use the 17" coil for 5-7 hrs/day 2 times per week in the surf.
I call the 800 my chatty, nervous detector while the CTX is my cool, calm and collective detector and my Excal is my old uncle Bob detector. I'll stay with cool, calm and collective all day long. So my choice, obviously, is the CTX 3030.

Gold - 10
Silver - 40
Coins - 1739

Iv'e been hunting for silver and gold for over 40 some years and I have used just about every detector brand on the market. I have the Equinox 600 and it out preforms, my other 3 top of the line machine. They are keepers but the Equinox 600 is my go to machine. It's not the Equinox that Sucks!!!

Dear Mr. Plug. I am not sure what you hope to accomplish. You have been at this for quite awhile and have promoted yourself as an expert in metal detecting (I remember your How to videos). You have access to any machine you want (seemingly), but you have posted this exact question on several forums. I find it hard to believe you really respect our opinion enough to listen. I have close to 8 thousand hours beach hunting and my hunting buddy has twice that. I've owned about 30 different detectors over the years many of them beach machines (5 Excals, 3 Explorers, 6 or 7 CZs and 4 PIs) and currently have a Tarsacci and an Equinox in the back of my car. I've got an Equinox nearly a year and a half ago. I was the first in my club to get an Equinox 800 and now better than a third of the club has gone to the dark side and bought Equinox. They are happy with their purchase and finds are up. You ask what to replace the EQ800 with? A better attitude! Get a book, read the manual, maybe hire NASA Tom as a tutor (he is really good!). I am very sure the problem is not the detector, but the detectorist.

Go ahead and get rid of your nox and buy something else??! I'm sure that's the answer :poke: hey more gold for all the Nox users out there with one less nox user..
But seriously if you have a CTX and Etrac and you can't Find enough gold with those?? then surely a $900.00 equinox won't fit the bill for You.
I've made some great finds with my Nox it's not going anywhere!
I'm sure it's not the machine maybe attitude and lack of the use of the detector.
Mark

Cutaplug said:
Before all the EQ800 owners mob me please hear me out. I am a lot more mature than my title. I think... Anyway I have been silver hunting for many years and would consider myself one of the best. My primary silver seekers are the ctx and etrac. My last push to find a lot of silver netted me 136 silvers in less than 3 months using the CTX. I believe the key to being productive while metal detecting is detecting efficiently. By hunting efficiently what I mean is:

1. Ability to distinguish ferrous from non ferrous targets easily at any depth. This is accomplished using the FE numbers on CTX and Etrac. (detector and user)
2. Ability to define desired target and discriminate out unwanted targets with minimal loss of performance (depth, signal consistency, etc...). (detector)
3. Ability to identify targets using audio and visual information to “skip” unwanted targets. (detector provides info, user deciphers info)
4. Quickly determining if a site is productive or not and moving on quickly if it’s not. (user)

Using the above info I have had a lot of success and I’m content with my abilities to hunt on land. Now that my horn is tooted I could really use some help with beach hunting. I recently moved to Florida and would like to find gold. If life was simple I would be able to take my CTX and kill it on gold but life is never simple. The CTX is a great machine on silver but to say it kindly it sucks on gold. I understand why but no need to go into details on that.

Now I am on a mission to find the CTX equivalent for lower conductivity targets such as gold. When the Minelab EQ 800 was released I was super excited and optimistic. Now that I’ve used it for a while I am in search of a new machine. The main issue with the eq800 is that is cannot distinguish ferrous targets from non ferrous targets (ie rusty bottle caps). I know I know someone will chime in and say the following:
- You can change the hunting frequency and the numbers will jump. Yes this is true for a mode such as park 2 which works great on dry sand. Even using Park 2 I do not want to check every target by changing the frequency. That is extremely inefficient. Park 2 is also too unstable to get any real depth on wet sand. On wet salty sand running beach 1 you can’t change the frequency since it is stuck in multi. New and Deteriorated bottle caps will give a solid signal.
- You can pump the coil up and down and see the numbers jump. I’ve seen the Youtube video, try doing that on a 12 inch target. Any 12 inch target will be all over the place you say? My response - the CTX and Etrac can easily distinguish ferrous from non ferrous targets at maximum depth capability. It is possible.
- The signal is different. I have seen solid tones on bottle caps, soft tones, scratchy tones, short tones, long tones so they have no consistency. A steel bottle cap can read #3 all the way up to the high teens on the eq800. There is no discriminating them out.

Now that I’m done ranting I’d love to get input from experienced beach hunters about what machine is the most efficient for low conductivity targets such as gold on the beach. What I’m looking for:
1. Ability to distinguish non ferrous from ferrous easily.
2. Detector is higher frequency so good on lower conductivity targets. Not looking for too high or I will be digging tiny aluminum pieces. Would like to find a sweet spot where it will pick up small earrings but not pieces so tiny my pinpointer won't even find them.
3. Excellent depth capabilities. If it can reach the same depths of eq800 I would be happy with it.
4. Ability to set discrimination to eliminate zinc pennies and up. I’m not interested in digging silver or coins. Just looking for gold.

The CTX and Etrac are the best of the best for land hunting silver. Is there a detector that is equivalent for beach gold detecting?

Respecctfully Cata'

You have not mentioned one simple test that demonstrates the capabilities of whatever model Nox is used.

If you are so confident of your logic and practices,, then common sense tells me that you are not facing the realities of YOUR detecting episodes.

[size=x-large]Why have you not described any 'rings-on-beach' tests to back-up your criticisms of the NOX?[/size]

Tell me your typical BEACH search mode and SETTINGS.

Also, what maximum depths you anticipate The NOX should achieve, using a Ring of YOUR CHOICE...give dimensions and Karat.

I await your your reply with interest....matt.

pasttom said:
Dear Mr. Plug. I am not sure what you hope to accomplish. You have been at this for quite awhile and have promoted yourself as an expert in metal detecting (I remember your How to videos). You have access to any machine you want (seemingly), but you have posted this exact question on several forums. I find it hard to believe you really respect our opinion enough to listen. I have close to 8 thousand hours beach hunting and my hunting buddy has twice that. I've owned about 30 different detectors over the years many of them beach machines (5 Excals, 3 Explorers, 6 or 7 CZs and 4 PIs) and currently have a Tarsacci and an Equinox in the back of my car. I've got an Equinox nearly a year and a half ago. I was the first in my club to get an Equinox 800 and now better than a third of the club has gone to the dark side and bought Equinox. They are happy with their purchase and finds are up. You ask what to replace the EQ800 with? A better attitude! Get a book, read the manual, maybe hire NASA Tom as a tutor (he is really good!). I am very sure the problem is not the detector, but the detectorist.

The purpose of this thread was to 1. Gain attention of experienced beach hunters and 2. Hopefully get some info about beach hunting that I wasn't aware of. Yes I posted this on multiple threads because I like to see a lot of data and then analyze that data to make decisions. Regardless of your derogatory comment I have not just "promoted" myself as an expert in this hobby, I am an expert at this hobby. As far as the above thread I respect the opinion of anyone that can either prove me wrong or validate what I am saying. Comments like you have to dig more trash to get the good stuff and build a test garden are just so newb it's ridiculous. I was hoping for a more intellectual discussion on the eq800 topic to be honest. I understand that to dig gold you have to dig lower conductivity non ferrous targets. You should not have to dig ferrous bottle caps that give a solid signal. So far I've not heard a single person say that they can distinguish a ferrous from a non ferrous target consistently at any significant depth with the eq 800. That is something and Etrac, CTX, and even an AT Pro can do. When you take your EQ out to the beach do you come home with bottle caps? If not then please tell me what method you use to prevent that.

What should I replace it with?

Dang Cutaplug, for one begging assistance to rescue you from a miserable future of having to recover bottlecaps and other unwanteds at the beach, you’ve certainly selected an unusual stage and method to do so.

Wouldn’t the Beach and Water forum have more ‘experts’ from which to gather suggestions that the Equinox forum supporting the very detector you are so dissatisfied with?

It leaves me a little perplexed coming from one that is usually more analytical in approach. Assuming you aren’t trolling the forum, I’ll try to point out where you can get some ‘better’ help than us miserable low lifes toiling away our existence in among the bottle-caps of the EQ forum.

Try checking out posts from OBN, I believe Joe is currently swinging an Excalibur. Joe is VERY accomplished. Tom Dankowski is a beach hunting fan. Lots of followers on his forum. He also has a water hunting video available. Many on his forum are trying out the Tarsacci. (Including Pastor Tom)

The Fisher Manta AQ, a new discriminating PI machine, is supposed to be getting close to release, likely before Christmas. Many are anticipating this being the new beach gold machine.

Anyway, just a suggestion, it would be best to set the crown aside and put on the ‘humble and learning’ hat as you step into the sand of the beach and demand help. Perhaps an apology to those on the Equinox forum for dropping this post in the middle of the path where everybody walks would be a good place to start.

Regards,

Rich

RichW said:
Yes is does kind of suck when you are dealing with a lot of bottle caps. Unfortunately there's only a few other good choices right now. The Excel hates bottle caps, the CTX and CZ-21 (with it's concentric coil) both handle them well. I just bought a new CZ-21 because I like the 8" coil. Maybe in a year or 2 we'll have more choices.

Thank you for actually telling it how it is. You are the only one so far and I think there are too many detectorists that have their machine attached to their testicals and get all hurt when someone speaks the truth.

Jeff Harris said:
Plug,

You gotta dig the trash to get the cash. You gotta ground balance your perspective on this situation. I use another brand of detectors. I will eventually get an Equinox 800, for other uses. From what I gather Andy Sabisch has written an excellent book on using the Equinox. Also Gary Drayton and Clive James Clynick are prolific authors on beach hunting, with probably hundreds of thousands of dollars in jewelry finds between them. So going back to ground balancing ones perspective. In the winter SRP starts lowering the flow from the dam that feeds the Salt River. Thousands of people tube down this river every day, all summer. For every gold ring I and my buddies dig we will pull 300-500 pull tabs and bottle caps. It's a real grind, but fun. Good luck, get the bling!

Jeff

Thanks for the names I will check those out. For pull tabs I don’t mind digging those as you would expect that while gold hunting on any machine.

Mkus said:
Yes as stated above you have to dig trash to find gold you may be good at silver how many gold rings have you found say in a year with your CTX or Etrac?
Id say watch NH detecting he uses a Equinox and finds more gold rings than anyone I've ever seen oh and a guy I know who has a CTX and a Nox shows me his gold finds from the beach and he says its the best machine he's ever used for gold his Nox and his finds always impress me but he spends 8 hours a clip beach hunting.
So a lot of it has to do with time spent using and getting to know your machine I believe..
HH Mark

In a year with my CTX or Etrac I usually find ZERO rings because I don’t dig gold signals. If I am looking for silver then I focus on silver only. Thanks for the name reference will check him out.
bootyhoundpa said:
I gotta agree with tvr on this one...I even had it happen right in front me one morning at the shore..I’m swinging my Excalibur digging up targets right and left,along comes this guy with a cox.. when even he detects a target he analyzes it for like a minute or two and then moves on...I saw the guy detect like 20 targets but only dug like 3.. I kinda felt sorry for the guy cause from my perspective it didn’t look he knew what he was doing.. so I went over to the guy to see if I could offer some advice.. I felt all proud of myself with a bulging pocketful of clad..so ask him if he’s having any luck..he said he got 2 pull tabs and 1 gold ring which he showed me..I said wow you did real well for only digging 3 targets..he said he only digs targets with higher probability of being gold...he leaves all the clad lay,doesn’t even dig it.. if you watch any gravedigger max older videos he calls his buddy Denny” Chain man” cause he was finding gold chains pretty regularly on saltwater beach... all comes down finding the magic wand that gives you the most confidence...

I’m assuming you meant Nox right as in EQ800? One reason I posted this thread was to find someone with that kind of knowledge. So far it’s a no go. When I’m hunting for gold I leave all clad as well and I don’t even dig silver signals. My dad and I were hunting and he literally walked right behind me on the beach and pulled a silver ring and I was perfectly fine with that.

LawrencetheMDer said:
Don't know what your issues might be with the CTX and finding gold but I've had mine for 3 seasons now and it really outshines the Excal and NOX 800 in terms of discrimination and it is awesome detecting gold. The two dimensional discrimination matrix on the CTX is GREAT and second to none. Sure don't miss digging bottle caps in the surf as I did all day long with the Excal. Past 2 seasons have found 20 gold rings (3 dental gold) and rings ranged from 0.56g to about 14g. I use the 17" coil for 5-7 hrs/day 2 times per week in the surf.
I call the 800 my chatty, nervous detector while the CTX is my cool, calm and collective detector and my Excal is my old uncle Bob detector. I'll stay with cool, calm and collective all day long. So my choice, obviously, is the CTX 3030.

My issues with CTX on gold are 1. It doesn’t get very good depth on gold targets and 2. It is horrible on rings that don’t make a complete circle such as a toe ring. I literally hit a swimming hole with the CTX and then went back over it with my AT Pro the same day and found two gold toe rings. I was like holy hell. I know it is the best for discriminating targets and honestly I might end up using it because it is more efficient. I know the CTX is multi frequency but the frequencies are heavily biased toward the higher conductivity targets such as silver. The same way the EQ is multi frequency but highly biased toward lower conductivity targets. Like I said before if I could have a CTX tuned for gold targets instead of silver I would be all over it.

CoinHunter2 said:
Iv'e been hunting for silver and gold for over 40 some years and I have used just about every detector brand on the market. I have the Equinox 600 and it out preforms, my other 3 top of the line machine. They are keepers but the Equinox 600 is my go to machine. It's not the Equinox that Sucks!!!

Any detector that hits hard on rusty bottle caps sucks. You are just coping and settling.

Mkus said:
Go ahead and get rid of your nox and buy something else??! I'm sure that's the answer :poke: hey more gold for all the Nox users out there with one less nox user..
But seriously if you have a CTX and Etrac and you can't Find enough gold with those?? then surely a $900.00 equinox won't fit the bill for You.
I've made some great finds with my Nox it's not going anywhere!
I'm sure it's not the machine maybe attitude and lack of the use of the detector.
Mark

The Nox is better than the Etrac and CTX for gold IMO. If it is my attitude or lack of use of the detector that is netting me so many bottle caps then please educate me.

metalpopper said:
You have not mentioned one simple test that demonstrates the capabilities of whatever model Nox is used.
If you are so confident of your logic and practices,, then common sense tells me that you are not facing the realities of YOUR detecting episodes. [size=x-large]Why have you not described any 'rings-on-beach' tests to back-up your criticisms of the NOX?[/size]
Tell me your typical BEACH search mode and SETTINGS.
Also, what maximum depths you anticipate The NOX should achieve, using a Ring of YOUR CHOICE...give dimensions and Karat.
I await your your reply with interest....matt.

Matt,
I never said a single thing about Nox depth capabilities, size of ring, or it’s lack of finding gold. Actually I think it’s amazing at finding gold. You obviously didn’t read or didn’t understand my original post. You only read the click bait title and then rushed to your own false conclusions.

Rich (Utah) said:
What should I replace it with?
Dang Cutaplug, for one begging assistance to rescue you from a miserable future of having to recover bottlecaps and other unwanteds at the beach, you’ve certainly selected an unusual stage and method to do so.

Wouldn’t the Beach and Water forum have more ‘experts’ from which to gather suggestions that the Equinox forum supporting the very detector you are so dissatisfied with?

It leaves me a little perplexed coming from one that is usually more analytical in approach. Assuming you aren’t trolling the forum, I’ll try to point out where you can get some ‘better’ help than us miserable low lifes toiling away our existence in among the bottle-caps of the EQ forum.

Try checking out posts from OBN, I believe Joe is currently swinging an Excalibur. Joe is VERY accomplished. Tom Dankowski is a beach hunting fan. Lots of followers on his forum. He also has a water hunting video available. Many on his forum are trying out the Tarsacci. (Including Pastor Tom)

The Fisher Manta AQ, a new discriminating PI machine, is supposed to be getting close to release, likely before Christmas. Many are anticipating this being the new beach gold machine.

Anyway, just a suggestion, it would be best to set the crown aside and put on the ‘humble and learning’ hat as you step into the sand of the beach and demand help. Perhaps an apology to those on the Equinox forum for dropping this post in the middle of the path where everybody walks would be a good place to start.

Regards,

Rich

Hi Rich,

This post is exactly where I wanted it ;) The most experienced EQ800 users will be here and I was hoping that someone would “prove me wrong”. I don’t mind taking a beating in order to get some useful information and discussion. I will never apologize for stirring the hornets’ nest and sparking a debate. It’s how we learn and progress and keep things interesting. Anyone who gets offended and aggressive is insecure in their abilities and their machine.

Cutaplug,

My mistake. I took your post as a declaration there was no hope for the Equinox in Florida and you were now in a position of searching for the best alternative. Not as a call to arms of the Equinox faithful.

I appreciate the heads up as I will stand back as the hornets nest kicking begins.

Edit: Just an after thought for those who may wish to contribute, are you hunting the dry sand, wet slope or the shallow water?

Enjoy.

Rich

Cutaplug accept the fact that the nox loves bottle caps and has a problem iding them especially at depth you will not get a answer pure and simple because this is what the nox does . Minelab even has a article on how to get rid of this problem which was built into the machine even after release it was not addressed prior to it's release .Where were the testers on this or did they just accept the fact it was lousy at iding caps and getting it out was more important because of dollars . So it is what it is period.

The ctx has it's problems to small gold accept the fact that chains earring post and open earrings are going to be a problem but using a high gain detector you will be digging small aluminum foil and what not just to get the micro gold is it worth it your (time) is the key word here .sube

Just a side note....I don’t seem to have a problem with bottle caps on turf when using multi. The time I DO start digging bottle caps is when I’m trying to mitigate EMI by running a single frequency...then they ID in the coin range, in 5 kHz it is a bottle cap finding monster! They are of course an absolute non-issue with the Explorer and CTX...

I for whatever reason do not dig a lot of bottle caps now beaver tails yes lol