Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer II to Etrac?

I am currently in South Korea and return to U.S. in 2018. I want to retire the Explorer II (use as back up when needed) and get a new machine. I bought the EX II when it released in 2003 or 2004 (I can't remember) It works but shows its age. The ETrac is high on the list, but it came out 9 years ago. I am wondering if there is a better choice. So what do you all think?

I just bought a new E-Trac a few weeks back and from all I can tell there still seems to be a pretty good demand for these machines.

Ron in WV

The same here I bought mine in Feb of this year used and I still have the Explorer SE Pro, but now my Explorer is my backup until I get to know the E Trac better.

sprchng said:
There's always the CTX,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I was just thinking about how much I like the CTX the other day and all of its "bells and whistles". I'm a completely utilitarian kind of guy, ....I wear my socks until they are threadbare,eat ALL of what's on my plate, run my tires to the cords....you know. But when it comes to the CTX I LOVE the features! I LOVE the clock! Could I just glue a 7 cent clock onto the faceplate of another machine? Sure. The GPS in my area works GREAT,it gets me within a few feet of the Findpoint. This is a big one for me because...in the upper Midwest,in case you don't know,the ground freezes hard as stone in the winter. I can STILL go hunting,log the Findpoints and dig them up later! HUGE...for ME. I don't worry about it raining. The balance is great IMHO and the things available that you can do with program customization are very nice! All in all I believe I got what I paid for,because I can trust that every time I go out I have a very capable machine in my hands wherever I might go.
There IS always the CTX....

As a lover of the etrac I love the CTX also.
If it came to the choice of a new etrac or a used CTX , for a couple of hundred more the CTX would win every time but the cost of a new CTX is still ridiculous.

Etrac is better machine than CTX as many who have switched are finding out. If you go with a CTX do not sell your EXII.

I own an Etrac then I bought a Deus and I like that machine one charger for earphones,coil,detector charged in about an hour run time is insane and light go all day and not feels it.
I know this was about the Etrac the deus complements any other machine

Mkus said:
I own an Etrac then I bought a Deus and I like that machine one charger for earphones,coil,detector charged in about an hour run time is insane and light go all day and not feels it.

Darn you Mkus. Why did you have to chime in? Just Kidding. After reading numerous posts and thinking the pros and cons I just might get the Deus. Reason= As some pointed out, I already have an FBS machine that is very good. The Etrac is not that much better. Sure it has a few more bells than the EXII but is that worth $1500? Now on the other hand a totally different machine like the Deus that is light weight and can be used in certain situations that the EXII will struggle in, then I will have a great arsenal.

kingingkunsan said:
Mkus said:

Darn you Mkus. Why did you have to chime in? Just Kidding. After reading numerous posts and thinking the pros and cons I just might get the Deus. Reason= As some pointed out, I already have an FBS machine that is very good. The Etrac is not that much better. Sure it has a few more bells than the EXII but is that worth $1500? Now on the other hand a totally different machine like the Deus that is light weight and can be used in certain situations that the EXII will struggle in, then I will have a great arsenal.
Haha I love my Etrac it's the best beach machine but I love the deus to for the light weight with my tennis elbow but I plan on going under buildings with just he coil in hand I bought my deus on here it was brand new..