Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer SE to E-Trac

I have used the SE for the last few years along with using an FBS detector since 1999, and recently purchased an Etrac. I hunt primarily in the Iron Mask mode on the SE as I do mostly Civil War relic hunting. The SE is a great detector and I dont plan on getting rid of it. I've had the Etrac for a little over a week and found my first CW bullets with it today. The Etrac takes a little bit more to set up and get accustomed to, but seems to be more stable as far as staying quieter at high sensitivity setting. Especially around electrical wires. There is a lot of information available on how to set up the Etrac. I think once I get used to it, I will use it more. Hope this helps.

I think the explorer xs much better than the etrac.

The se lacks the depth of the xs.

I suppose I am somewhat biased toward the eTrac but it is absolutely worth the money to upgrade.
I had hundreds of hours on the XS and then moved to the SE. Both were great machines.
In 2008 I switched to the E-Trac and have thousands of hours on that.
I remember the first site I used it on I got silver in iron that I had missed with the SE.
I feel I can nail nickels and Indians much better with the E-Trac and get a wider variety of finds.
My detecting buddy who I have detected with for years finally made the switch last year from XS to E-Trac and pulls a massive amount of finds with it.
He was published in the original XS handbook.
Knowing your machine is so important though. The machine you have the most knowledge and comfort level with is the one that will do the best.

Dave

Kevin3 said:
Is it worth the money to upgrade. Hoping to get some honest opinions from people that made the switch