Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer XS special key sequence ?

SteveP(NH)

As I am sure some of you know, Minelab released a several page comparison of the E-Trac to the White's V3. In it they say that they thought about putting in an "analyse" screen that shows the signal strength at different frequencies similar to that screen on the V3 but decided against shipping it as they thought it would confuse more users than help. In the document is a screen shot of an Explorer XS with the analyse screen displayed. They say that this mode did get built into the XS but that it is hidden and you have to enter a "special key sequence" to activate it.

Does anyone know what the special key sequence is, and if there are any other ones. I would like to try out that analyse screen and see if it is as confusing as Minelab says it is.

do either of you know where one can read the original minelab document with any pictures it may include? thanks for any help and happy hunting.

would be interesting to see if the analyze screen is true. if it is and minelab would by chance release the key sequence man i bet a lot of people would be looking to buy the xs just to use this feature. i myself would like to see it too and see if its just like the feature on the v3. if anyone gets any other info please pass it on to us common folks. later all and happy hunting.

In response to the heat they're feeling from the V3? Maybe someone should just send Minelab an email and ask what it is! As I recall they were very transparent when someone sent them a series of technical questions via email.

The cover letter stated:

=====================

Dear Minelab dealer

We

Hard to believe Minelab would have done that. Surprises me..thats all.
That tends to show me they have a worry over the V3. Makes you want to try a V3 and see for yourself
That's just my way of thinking.Others may not look at it like that at all.

n/t

This is a TERRIBLE marketing document. Are they marketing the E-Trac or the V3? I swung a friends V3 for about two hours so I'm no expert, BUT that was enough time to point out some problems with these claims. Someone with a lot of time on it, could probably refute this very articulately, and I'm sure they will.

For the record, if I was replacing my Explorer, I'd buy an E-Trac. I'm just hoping that Minelab will right the ship, because lately, they've done kooky stuff :crazy:

ML Marketers said:
is more sensitive to small targets

My buddy dug two BBs. My Explorer didn't recognize them at all (which I'm OK with). Can the E-Trac pick up something that small? The better argument would be "we ignore BB's, earring backs, and flecks of rusty iron, so you can concentrate on silver coins" :laugh:

MLd said:
The E-TRAC

Prior Whites detectors (DFX, MXT, etc.) were in the stone age compared to the Explorer - the V3 is at least in the bronze age! :biggrin: