Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer XS special key sequence ?

Ray-MO said:
As a matter of fact the E-Trac is much better than the Explorer in this respect and auto on the E-Trac works excellent at the vast majority of sights one might encounter,Ray

Score one for the E-Trac. Can you see where the "auto-sens" settles?

I still think it's a flimsy argument.

Maybe they should run these marketing notes through Andy before they release them. I can't imagine he'd let this one go through :)

Yes the sensitivity level and numerical number is visible on the screen in real time.Very nice feature as you can keep track and make adjustment acordingly.You can toggle back and fourth from auto to manual at the touch of the arrow button.It is amazing how the auto sens. can go up and down as the soil matrix changes,Ray.

And it allows you to make on-the-fly changes much the same way you can with the E-Trac . . . . .

That changes the sensitivity level or the amount of junk in the ground? My sense with the XS was that auto was designed to bring the sensitivity way down if it detected lots of EMI, much like it chooses the least noisy channel when you noise cancel. I don't think the machine was ever able to discern between EMI noise and the noise from lots of trash under the coil as you swing it back and forth. Thus the feeling of many of us that Auto drops sensitivity too low and use manual. Perhaps they came up with a better algrithm for the E-trac.

Next time you are out detecting can you try determine if the sensitivity drops in trashy areas?

Chris

So what is this secret key pattern for the XS's hidden screen? Anyone know it?

is it down, up, left, right, down, up, left, right .... or is that the execution code for Mortal Combat? HAHA

Has anyone been able to find out anything more about this possible
hidden key-sequence?

I was thinking I would contact Minelab tech support to ask the question
but wanted to check with you guys to see if anyone has already contacted
Minelab - I don't want to bug them with same question if they've already
answered it.

Mike-

I can see why minelab might think the analyze screen might confuse people.

The V3 transmits 3 frequency's and receives three frequency's and displays them on all three of its screens IN COLOR.

The XS transmits 28 frequency's and receives ... ?? how many ?? ... (I dont know ... do you?) displaying them all on a black and white screen would be very confusing.

So at least that part is not BS.
Now if we can just find the magic combination to unlock the XS analyze screen it would renew interest and sell a boat load of used XS detectors of which Minelab would not get one cent of profit. Nintendo learned about the profitability of hidden screens way back when.

Willee

Minelab's screen although very similar to the new V3 screen seems a bit more primitive with just two graphs and no scales on the axes. I think those that believe that Minelab's marketing team has fabricated the screen nd the story have been watching too many movies -- or have too much faith in Minelab's marketeers! :rofl:

C'mon Minelab step up to the plate and reveal the "hidden" sequence!